Yokos AD08's, anyone?

Interested to hear what peeps think of these too.

Wanna pick up some AD08s, Re-11s or Dunlop Star Specs when my Contis go. :smile:

I've used them on a couple of track days and they've been great, even ran them on the road for a while too and they weren't much different to the contis.

To cut a long story short they're a good compromise between a road tyre and a trackday tyre.

Cool, wana get a trye that costs no more than the SC3's but give more grip and not too fussed about it not lasting as many miles.
Reckon i'm gona go for em, be in a couple of months though.
Cheers

How well do these wear done Grumpy compared to the Contis? The Contis are soon to be changed on the 200 and fancy giving these a go.

I can see them wearing faster than the Contis but you still get 8mm of tread and even after 2 very long and hard trackdays the fronts still have 5mm left. That's maybe 30-40+ laps of Oulton and around 40+ again at Cadwell, 90% of which will have been full on.

They had more than enough grip to show up other similar power/weight cars using 888's at Cadwell (obviously driver dependant but still..) and a Carrera S that I later found was 80hp down so no wonder I stayed with him on a full lap :smile:

I've also driven with them in rain and snow/slush and not found them to be much different to contis, mainly because I take it easy then anyway.

Once they're bald I might try something else but similar because I think 888s and similar tyres are just way overpriced.

888's are about same price if you buy them from the right place :smile:

Just orderd the ad08's at 122 each. Was realy after the rs-2s but camskill aint doin them any more, think the rs-3s are coming over which are meant to be beter, so will probs get them next.

Just orderd the ad08's at 122 each. Was realy after the rs-2s but camskill aint doin them any more, think the rs-3s are coming over which are meant to be beter, so will probs get them next.

Where did you buy the Ad08s from mate? Corsa needs 2 new tyres and I really wanna give them a go.

Similar Thread Suggestions