Yet Another Fuel Price Thread...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Evening all...

Just talking to a couple of American mates online, one of them's bitching about the price of ''Gas''. They're due to go up over there and there's a bit of moaning going on, to be expected I suppose, they're quite like us afterall... So, I asked the obvious question...

How much do you pay for normal petrol?

$3.09

That's around £2.30 per Litre!!! Only, no, that's not for a Litre. That's for a F?CKING GALLON.

They class a Gallon as 3-ish Litres, when I did the math (not Maths, that's their word), it worked out they're paying...

$1.03 per Litre OR 0.65p

I know their stuff is lower grade, but even their premium isn't anywhere near as bad as what we're paying for our normal petrol. It's quite a funny conversation actually, once they worked out what they'd be paying per US Gallon if they were being charged the same per Litre price as us, they realised it's not so bad afterall hahaha!!!

But, apparently, they have a real issue with scroungers at the moment too, so it's not just our welfare state thats' gone tits up.

Went on hols last year to Porto santo, small island above Madeira. They had one petrol station on the island, and the nearest mainland is hundreds of miles away so can see why the price would be high... Rep told us its £1.30 a litre?!? Unreal the prices we have to pay.

It's a joke isn't it. No wonder all the Yanks are driving around in V8s, I would be too at 065/Litre!!! :smiley:

For the record, the girls drive; Z4, F150 and a V8 Twin-Axle Ram. No wonder they're pissed hahaha!!!

I don't even think they ever look at that screen on the dash hahaha!!!

I'd be surprised if any of them get over 20MPG, maybe the Z4 on the ''freeway'' but the two trucks won't.

They got there own Wells o er there as well and they keep the fuel for them selves not like us who sold all our both sea gas and oil rigs so we have to import all ours plus Dick Turpin govement who take 90% of the cost in tax

Funny feeling the least used button in America is the trip computer button. They dont know what its like to pay through the nose for fuel. Makes you sick doesnt it. The BP garage round the back from me, Breeny will confirm this if hes about, is selling PETROL for 138.9.

Remember the day when it hit £1? People were outraged, some truckers protested. When it hits £1.50 i reckon there will be a mass suicide by truckers to prove a point. **** the Government.

I'm going out to Qatar next week, it's around 17p a litre for the good stuff there!

Isn't a gallon around 4.5 litres?

The premium stuff over there is only something like 89ron but even still it's stupidly cheap. They are having to change the types of cars they drive I think, no more gas gusling 6 litre trucks for them lol

Yeah they will have to 'downgrade' to a 5.5l LOL!!

Really make you angry when you think it is the same product but we pay twice as much. The thing is it doesn't stop there, various bits of tech are the same cost in dollars as pounds meaning 33% cheaper, examples like GoPro cameras and most Apple products.

When I was last in the USA it was around 70 cents a gallon. Lol. It has increased a fair bit, but they still pay a fraction of what we do.

I have given up on the fuel issue..its like everything overhere..mass over pricing!
But i would be happy to pay a bit more for fuel if they would just bin car tax!
I hate that with a passion!

Just been for the weekend shop at Morrisons and if you spend £60 (not exactly hard for a weekly shop these days) they'll give you a 15p off voucher.

That's from 132.9 to 117.9 in Coventry!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I can remember when it was 37p a gallon:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: for 4 star and 2 star was 28p you never saw diesel lol at the pumps and you had someone to fill it for you and you just wound down your window and gave them the money

Bloody hell Roy, you'll be telling us about how they used to feed Dobbin and change his shoes for you next!!! :tongueout: :smiley: :tongueout: