Yet another stud conversion thread

bigsid

Paid Member
Quick question, I’m thinking of switching to studs/nuts but the Clio ones all seem to have a little bump or “shoulder” separating the hub thread from the wheel bolt thread. Question I have is, the holes in my wheels (TD Pro Race 1.2) are just slightly bigger than the M14 diameter and there isn’t any sort of recess on the inside into which this shoulder could sit, so I’m worried they won’t allow the wheel to sit flush with the hub. If this is the case I take it I would need some that just have an unthreaded bit rather than the bump but I’ve not seen any like that?

Thanks

Actually, I think I've got a better idea :tearsofjoy:

Rzxb5v3.png

I was going to convert to studs but the wheels I ended up with it wouldn’t work so I sold the kit, I’ve got a few spare studs and when fitting wheels I just use one of them in the hub loosely to put the wheel on and then putting the bolts in is a doddle!

I got this sorted in the end. Got a set of studs from Watfield Precision Engineering direct. £70 delivered for 20 studs and nuts. I had 10 of them 75mm and 10 of them 68mm so the same amount of thread shows beyond the wheel nut both front and back. I did have to countersink out the bolt holes on my rear wheels a little bit. Got some loctite 272, fitted them, let it cure and then went out for a drive. No problems, felt really good.

Reactions: Big Ben