Yellow

The ZPO has a nice H short shift pattern and think it has better aesthetics over the pms one (biased)

Never driven one with a pms so can’t compare directly

The ZPO has a nice H short shift pattern and think it has better aesthetics over the pms one (biased)

Never driven one with a pms so can’t compare directly
The shift pattern is different?

I agree the ZPO looks super cool, but when it’s effectively still connected to wires you could argue it’s all for show. My car is a bit of a princess, though so looks matter!

The shift pattern is different?

I agree the ZPO looks super cool, but when it’s effectively still connected to wires you could argue it’s all for show. My car is a bit of a princess, though so looks matter!
No not different it’s very short and precise..

Am I the only one thay likes the shifter in the original position more? I do not like that high positioned H pattern. Sequential is a different animal, there it makes sense fo me.
Threaded the shifter shaft instead of that stupid wobbly rubber renault thing, and put my 15+ years old OMP knob there. With lowered bucket seat and steering column makes perfect position for me.

But regarding high shifters, there are more options, for example RapidShifters from poland
There is also some Italian company, which I forgot.

IMG_20230805_083536.jpg

Am I the only one thay likes the shifter in the original position more? I do not like that high positioned H pattern. Sequential is a different animal, there it makes sense fo me.
Threaded the shifter shaft instead of that stupid wobbly rubber renault thing, and put my 15+ years old OMP knob there. With lowered bucket seat and steering column makes perfect position for me.

But regarding high shifters, there are more options, for example RapidShifters from poland
There is also some Italian company, which I forgot.

View attachment 155182
My experience of the zpo is its knob is nearer to the steering wheel so less distance for your hand to travel when shifting and therefore more time with hands on the wheel where they should be. It might not be mechanical linkage but it feels so sweet.

Last edited:
Big Ben: I know the point, but the difference is negligible IRL :smile: Bigger difference is who moves his hand faster lol :smile: But everyone to its own, I was just asking, not meant to dis ZPO or any other. It was one of first mods on my list until i tried, actually :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Threaded the shifter shaft instead of that stupid wobbly rubber renault thing, and put my 15+ years old OMP knob there.

There's a proper original RS aluminium knob available but it isn't exactly cheap.

The Sport Auto Edition and some others come with a similar one that has a "Renault Sport" writing instead of the RS. Feels good and isn't wobbly. The only downside is it's cold in the winter. :smile:

When it comes to short shifters. This is what's used in Germany as it has a type approval.

Original RS knob is still mounted using only press-fit on the rubbery - something :smiley: And I try to avoid metal gearknobs if possible :smile: I do not drive with gloves all the time .)

Big Ben: I know the point, but the difference is negligible IRL :smile: Bigger difference is who moves his hand faster lol :smile: But everyone to its own, I was just asking, not meant to dis ZPO or any other. It was one of first mods on my list until i tried, actually :smile:
Of course, each to their own. Would be boring if we were all the same!!

Just buy the zpo in yellow and carbon Jimbo. Job done
i don't get why ZPO didn't make a solid linkage though :smiley: also why is the 'carbon' cheaper than 'not carbon' ?! don't really understand the ZPO pricing.

i'm still 50/50, i think it's a 3 week wait on PMS anyway but would be nice to get the car back and do some last minute days whilst 'summer' still exists..