Would you/do you trust your best mate with your car?

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Would you/do you trust your best mate with your car...?

As above really - I was just talking to someone on MSN who cannot believe I let my two best friends drive my car about.

I totally trust them, and know that they wouldn't do anything silly, but this kid was like "no way, I could never trust them ever"

Surely they aren't your best friends if you can't trust them???

Just a thought anyway!

Last edited:
haha i have one friend who is totally wreckless driver he has an 04 plate astra which is battered and dented falling to pieces so i would not trust him at all but i do my other mate

i trust my mate no problem, besides im insured on his Exige and drove it to Le Mans 2 years ago!

i trust my mate no problem, besides im insured on his Exige and drove it to Le Mans 2 years ago!

Thats a fair swap IMO lol!

Yeah Id trust my best mates to drive it but only those who are actually interested in cars, which narrows it down to like 2 people lol! But at the same time of saying that I never have let any of them and even the GF has only driven it like 5 times in the past year lol!

I met up with 2 peeps off another forum and let them take the car for a spin despite never having met them before! I'll let anyone have a go as long as they seem sensible, tis only a car after all.

would you let them sleep with your gf/wife? that is my attitude to my car! on occasion I might let my dad reverse it out of the drive when it needs moved but that is about it lol. but then again my mates drive rubbish cars and could not afford 2 replace it if it was damaged!

:lol:

Would trust my best mate with my car. But not the gf. Not in a thousand years. Sorry gals :smiley:

I have to let the missus drive, its half her car so no choice there. shes a pretty capable driver for her age, and shes MUCH more responisble than I am so isnt gonna go around tanking it everywhere ... I hope :001_rolleyes:

Hell no, my best mate drives an auto anyway haha

Let my mate have a go in my car on a quite industrial estate with me in the car, would never let them use my car with out be being with them.

would you let them sleep with your gf/wife? that is my attitude to my car! on occasion I might let my dad reverse it out of the drive when it needs moved but that is about it lol. but then again my mates drive rubbish cars and could not afford 2 replace it if it was damaged!

Well put mate :smiley:

yes happily. He trusts me with his and vice versa. One of the only people i'm comfortable as a passenger with too. We've built cars together for years, so if anything breaks, he'll help fix it anyway whether its him or me that's damaged it.

Let my mate borrow my 197 before - no problem to me as he lends me his Audi RS4 all the time. It's a good swap let me tell you!

I have no issues letting my mate drive my car, we occasionally swap - he's got a 350bhp s14a, so I have no gripes about him driving my 197 around.

i let me mate drive mine all the time if were out we swap cars all the time its nice to see what your car looks like when driven hard, plus my mates a technican at my work so if anything breaks itll get fixed, plus i always tell anyone who drives any of my cars YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT lol

Similar Thread Suggestions