Would you/do you trust your best mate with your car?

Dont like letting people drive my cars tbh. Though am more likely to let people I know through car clubs drive it then I am my best mates, lol.

Well, the lad i concider my best mate of many years... i did, but never will again...

Once upon a time we did a "you can have a go in mine, if i can have a go in yours" i explained that he must not do anything retarded.... first thing he did was a J-Turn.... i went ape shit.

Kind of related.... borrowed him a set of wheels from my Yaris T-Sport, that were in excellent condition and with near new tyres, when he was struck by hard times... wrecked the tyres through burnouts, hand brake turns and generally driving like a tool... wouldnt replace them.

Then allowed him to borrow my Yaris T-Sport (the car itself) for a couple of months, as i had nowhere to store it as i had 2 other cars, and out of kindness allowed him to run it at my expense (except for fuel). When i got it back i found the airbox had been partially disconnected, because that "made it sound better" and there were two sets of golf clubs in the boot... the boot panels were wrecked with scuffs and scratches.... again i wasnt happy...

Then i was asked if i could borrow him a set of MR2 wheels, again perfect condition with next to new Eagle F1's fitted to them. They were returned worn to the canvass... again... refused to replace....

And i recent times he wondered why i wouldnt let him take my Volvo for a spin...

That person in particular will never borrow or drive anything of mine again, and has actually made me loose trust in others!

I will let the missus drive the car, and one or two others, but 9/10 i will be sat in the passenger seat!

Thats a fair swap IMO lol!

Yeah Id trust my best mates to drive it but only those who are actually interested in cars, which narrows it down to like 2 people lol! But at the same time of saying that I never have let any of them and even the GF has only driven it like 5 times in the past year lol!

I think you'll find its four times since you bought it to be exact lol not that I'm counting or anything... :frown:

I let my dad drive it round the block. But my boyfriend refuses to drive it, he says its too quick for him. Then again... he does drive a Mitsubishi Shogun. He lets me drive his 4x4.

I would let him have a go in my car, but don't think he ever will.

As for letting my friends drive...no way! Only two can drive anyway, the rest are learning to drive or not bothered by driving.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions