Winter = Ropey Mud flap time

Tada!! ;/ Function over fashion

54635a7f.gif

on another not does anybody know where I can get a dark side repeater, looks stupid next to the C/F renault badge.

Looks good I think. I was looking at doing this myself, but I haven't had another look in to it for ages. Try ebay for side indicator lenses. Are the mudflaps just for the winter and you are going to take them off in the summer? If so, how have you stuck them on? I went out in mine last night for a quick country lane blast and the car is filthy now, so some flaps would be a good idea now.

Hey mate sometimes it just has to be done lol!

With regards to the indicator caps, have you not thought about getting the lens smoke stuff that people use for rear lights?

3 self tapping screws through the arch lining. so they will come off when the spring comes.

The tint spray?? Ill have a look on ebay see what i can come up with.

nothing wrong with a bit of anti-stone chip protection

and as said tint spray for the lens - couple of coats and you can have it as you like

I cut ones for the rear but never fitted them. Looked terrible. I can cope with a dirty rear bumper, the back of the clios get filthy anyway

Yeah how did you make those? I think they are a great idea. I wouldnt mind doing the same to protect my rear quater over the winter.

Mud flaps, started making some last week at work. Aircraft grade titainium, then going to spray gloss black also courtesy of the airospace's industries finest! :w00t:

Can you post a picture, how did you mount this mud flaps? I would like to make some, but i don't know how to mount them. ;/

Another vote for a how to guide :biggrin:

I've always fitted front mudflaps only to all my cars to protect the paint, all year round protection from stones, not just winter salt 8)

Bought the material on ebay.

Rally Car Mud flap material 500mm x 300mm x 3mm (£9 + £3 p&p)

Choice of colours. The material is a kind of heavy latex/rubber so flexible and sturdy enough. Cut it in half and rounded the outside corners then just attached it with 3 self tappers through the wheel arch liner.

Took the time to remove the wheels and clean as much of the brake dust off the calipers as possible.

Still got a spare set of flaps which i was gonna fit on the back, exactly the same as the front ones just incase anything went wrong.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Clio General Chat 2
jasonlovesfrench Gallery 0
matt9566 General Chat 8
S Wheels and Tyres 0
ZorkoRS197 Clio General Chat 2