Winter time

How do you protect your car from winter time i wont be driving it in the winter shoud car cover and car wash once a week be ok to keep a value of the car do you have any other tips?

If no garage I would definitely wash, protect then cover the car. Keep battery on trickle charge and don't be tempted to start engine if it's only off the road for a few months. If possible get it on axle stands so the tyres don't get flat spots. Release hand brake and I would personally stick new oil in. I keep my bikes off the road for 6 months during winter.

Reactions: ZorkoRS197
If you can get it inside a garage definitely do.

otherwise give her a damn good wash and seal, then cover. Take the cover off on dry days.

as Locke said above if you can axle her to avoid flat spots, heck one of my mates leaves his E36 locked in a garage with a heater on when he’s home to keep the damp out :tongueout:

Battery def keep on trickle if you’re not touching it, again as Locke said.

I know a few people who do a fresh oil change before starting their cars again after winter.

there’s a lot of things people do differently but the main thing id worry about is keeping the damp and cold at bay.

May also be worth either cleaning the brake pins before or after winter or both! Just to help prevent any seizing from being held in one position. On that note if you can get it on axels leaving the handbrake off was recommended to me by another user on here.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Gallery 0
matt9566 General Chat 8
S Wheels and Tyres 0
CM200 Clio General Chat 1
Lewis Watson Gallery 5