Windscreen washer jets

So...following what reported by @r_vlad I looked for Dacia Logan/Sandero nozzles, and found the part number 289308338R; I then ordered two Maxgear 27-0637, that should match the OE part.

Well...as expected they fit perfectly. BUT...the water jet does not even reach the windscreen :micah:

Now I'm stuck wondering if it's the non-OEM part that's crap (they're admittedly far too cheap at less than 1.5 € each) or if it's actually the wrong part number.

Any ideas?
I fitted the same today and had the same issue,water barely reaches the bottom of the windscreen,i take it i got the wrong ones,i have now bought this below after some reasearch which should be the correct ones,will report back.

I have these ones on the left from a Dacia:

PXL-20240130-194057383.jpg

They're slightly different from what I have...so the issue seems to be in the part number/model itself, and not on the specific (non-OEM) items I have.
Guess I'll also try the Citroen nozzles at this point...maybe DS3 ones.

An alternative could be to randomly pick nozzles from parked cars until finding something that works as intended :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: DS197
Check the pipes under the bonnet I just fixed a jap import Clio 200 2010 and there is no insulation underneath and the washer pipes broke up as you touched them like play doh. Well what I'm saying is check the pipes for leaks and losing pressure the other thing to do is take a paper clip straighten it out and push it down the original washer jet nozzle and give it a good adjustment in all of it's directions it should unblock the polish etc. that builds up and blocks them.

if you are in the mood , to drill the holes up to 12mm , this are the best ones :wink:
Interesting, but I'd rather avoid any non reversible change.

Check the pipes under the bonnet I just fixed a jap import Clio 200 2010 and there is no insulation underneath and the washer pipes broke up as you touched them like play doh. Well what I'm saying is check the pipes for leaks and losing pressure the other thing to do is take a paper clip straighten it out and push it down the original washer jet nozzle and give it a good adjustment in all of it's directions it should unblock the polish etc. that builds up and blocks them.
I actually ordered some hose together with the nozzles (4 mm internal diameter), since the one on the car was split in a couple of spots. I also already tried cleaning/adjusting the original nozzles. They're not terrible (that's why I'm pretty sure there aren't leaks and the pump is ok), but they're not good either, especially compared to what you get on other cars. Thanks anyway for the input

Update on the original nozzle jets: after a thorough clean with plenty of compressed air, they're now actually pretty decent, even at 130 km/h (80 mph)! :drunk: