Windscreen washer jets

SteveH

Gold Member
Hi all,

So I have a small problem with my washer jets (not ideal in the current weather). So far I've changed all piping (to the front windscreen) blown out the rear line to make sure thats clear (didn't want to get overly involved in changing that pipe atm as that jet doesn't seem to bad), changed the pump and the hose connectors as well where it splits to feed both jets on the bonnet. But the flow is still pretty weak up front and barely reaches the screen.

I did notice some corrosion in the plug on the loom when I changed the pump, so have whacked some ACF50 in there to try and improve this. Do we think that could possibly be the issue? It's getting a decent voltage (I checked this as well), and the pump is spinning freely. I can't see any blockages and even just lashed something up with the pipes out of the body work, to make sure that it wasn't a kink along the route giving me a pressure issue.

It looks as though whoever had the car before me has put the 'fan'' style jets on the bonnet. Could that be the problem, that they are too open and there isn't the pressure behind it even with a new pump?

I think I'm going to try and source some OE 'V' spray jets to see if that increases the pressure a bit, but other than that I'm running out of ideas, so any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve