Windscreen chip

Just noticed a small chip in my new 200's windscreen!
What's the best way to deal with it: live with it, try and fix myself, or call the glass people. The chip looks like it is a tiny drop of water, but I checked and it is real. (I searched the site but couldn't find any similar threads).

I'll upload a picture later.

They can usually inject it with resin filler so it doesn't crack. You won't have to pay for a new windscreen then and you can probably get it done free by your insurance. Give them a ring and find out who they use. Won't take long either.

It really depends how small is small. Also how deep it is.

The general rule is that anything less than a 5p in size can be fixed with resin, larger will be a new screen. I called a guy out for mine and they said they wouldn't be able to repair due to a UV film on the windscreen which gives a purply tint, so it would be new glass if that was the case as it would never match. Or at least that is what I was told.

Normally don't cost anything to call them out to see it, or even fix it. So probably the best way of going about it.

needs doin because when the winter comes and water gets in and freezes it will crack mate

I had mine filled a few months back, the bloke who did it said all cars with the auto light/wipers have 4mm glass, which according to him is like cheese and even afet filling it in you will still see it badly.

If they do replace it make sue they fit a OEM windscreen.

Otherwise they will fit a copy, and imo they are rubbish. My screen cracked within 1 month of ownership and I made sure a genuine OEM screen was fitted.

I had mine filled a few months back, the bloke who did it said all cars with the auto light/wipers have 4mm glass, which according to him is like cheese and even afet filling it in you will still see it badly.

It is exceptionally crap glass on the Clio!

I too have a small crack and loads of scuffs and chips and the cars only just 4 months old lol :rain:

I have two in mine, one happened about 30 seconds after I drove it off the forecourt..! In 22 years of driving I've never had a chipped windscreen before so there must be something about the ones fitted to a Clio..?!