Why I hate cliosport.net...

Right, I hate being disrespectful to rivals, but its a free world, so I won't stop it.

Brian has been pointed over here, so I'm sure he will answer your criticisms/points.

Best to keep the peace. We drive the same car, different sites. CS is huge compared to here.

I had an issue when I posted pics on there of my 197 that had R27 stickers on when it wasn't. It was dealt with promptly. But as has already been said, there are far more people on there so the 'what exhaust for my 182' threads come up frequently.

Peace

Mike
Xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice comments, nice to see people get good things out of the place :smile:

Hello!

Well it's good to see ClioSport is popular as ever!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so I won't even attempt to discuss every point raised in here. BUT, every forum is only as good as its members, in some respects and it's always the bad members that stand out from the crowd. Add to that fact you're talking about 1000's of members, that is highlighted even more.

You can NEVER please everybody, but ClioSport can't be as bad as everyone makes out or it simply wouldn't exist and keep growing year on year, every year.

Love you Brian :hug:

The success of CS is something that we can all benefit from.

CSS 2013 thread will be up on here soon :smile:

Hello!

Well it's good to see ClioSport is popular as ever!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so I won't even attempt to discuss every point raised in here. BUT, every forum is only as good as its members, in some respects and it's always the bad members that stand out from the crowd. Add to that fact you're talking about 1000's of members, that is highlighted even more.

You can NEVER please everybody, but ClioSport can't be as bad as everyone makes out or it simply wouldn't exist and keep growing year on year, every year.

Cheers for the reply Brian, I just feel with a bit more moderation your forum could potentially be fantastic! I understand that you have many members and everybody is entitled to an opinion but can you not see the points that users have made in this thread and use it to an advantage?

Cheers for the reply Brian, I just feel with a bit more moderation your forum could potentially be fantastic! I understand that you have many members and everybody is entitled to an opinion but can you not see the points that users have made in this thread and use it to an advantage?

But then what? will we be accused of over moderation (been there and done it, springs to mind!)

Let us help you by helping us, if there's something/a post that you feel warrants moderator attention, report it and our dedicated team of moderators will act accordingly.

I can only echo Brian's comments really. I do agree there are some 'bad' members on Cliosport, but they don't usually last too long. I think a lot of it is also to do with our demographic. There are a lot of people on CS <20, where as I'd guess the average user on here is 25+. Over all I can definitely understand some people's frustration, but we're all enthusiasts of the same marque and tbh CS & 197.net get on really well as a whole I think. Certainly no bitter rivalry anyway.

The problem with moderation is getting the balance right. It's very easy to over moderate which isn't good for anyone, and on a site so large it's impossible for myself and the other admin members to micromanage moderating. Personally I think our current mod team is great, but if you do see anything on there in future that is off, feel free to report the post. We can't be everywhere on the forum all of the time.

As a side note:
N0ddie I don't agree with your comments about the Renaultsport forum, I work for RUK and I'm on that forum responding to people on a daily basis and I've never come across any cringe or brown nosing!

Lol thank you for pointing out that CS thread. Cliosports a funny thing, everyone's a dick on the forum but sound as a pound at their excellently organised meets.

Just don't open your bonnet near chip otherwise he'll 'educate' you about everything that's wrong with your setup and how he'd have 'done it differently' for two hours! Literally.

Like everywhere there is that minority that make an appearance and spoil things.... Due to the number of people on cliosport there is a higher number but as a percentage I don't think its larger than anywhere else. Admittedly I have seen some stuff on there that has put me off but since getting the 172 there has been a lot of people on there with some good comments and helpful advice. I am on both forums and hope that our joint rolling road day at RSTuning on 23rd March will spread the love :smiley:

Lol thank you for pointing out that CS thread. Cliosports a funny thing, everyone's a dick on the forum but sound as a pound at their excellently organised meets.

Just don't open your bonnet near chip otherwise he'll 'educate' you about everything that's wrong with your setup and how he'd have 'done it differently' for two hours! Literally.

What's he said about yours?

I've been on there 5 years but only have 22 posts, i dare not post sometimes :smiley:

I think i'm too old for it now, ha. its a shame really as there are some brilliant build threads so i've become just a lurker :eek:

When i went to my first meet i half expected bouncers on the door, 'You got any guns, knives or weapons?' 'No' 'here, take these in with you' :smiley:

I assume all the 'trouble makers' don't go to the meets.

I'd love to ask the question, which is prettier, 197 or 200? but i won't :ban:

I found this forum a lot better for the info I was looking for than the CS despite being a member longer than here:

Raptor6767

Forum User
Join Date Jul 2007
Location Croatia
Posts 151
Car Renault Sport Clio 197

ppl there are a bit more cranky than here, and I get 90% of the info I look for here.

I cant fault the forum if you get past the chavs & numpties....
Just to add-

it was the best thing ive ever did was become a trader on CS ( & HERE)

ive got to FCS, CSS & all the local meets & I can happily say they are a fantastic bunch of people-
Every car ive sold on CS has gone to appreciative owners...-

S

Last edited:
I got flamed and abuse on CS for asking if there was a way of getting the indicator to flash 3 times with a single tap, motorway lane change feature I believe its called. Personally I thought it was a simple enough question as I've had that feature on a good few cars going back well over 10 years but it seemed I had some how personally insulted several people's mothers. I've not posted on CS since and rarely even visit the site. Much nicer folk on here.

Any luck with that?? I once borrowed a volkwagen van and it had this, a good feature to have.

Never did get an answer. Just lots of abuse from people who didn't understand what I was asking or what I was on about as they had never had it.

my last experience of CS was posting a picture of my F4Rt 200 doing around 160ish clock indicated mph, which was taken on an autobahn.

I posted the same picture on this site. I had people commenting on both. On here it was mainly appreciation of what the engine and car combined can do.

On CS it was mainly that they felt I had photoshopped it to try and 'show off' as a tree in the back ground of the picture wasnt blurred enough.... or something equally retarded.

That was the final straw of sorts. I rarely go on there now, as for every good post or thread there is 100 awful ones (as mentioned due to the higher turnover of members).

Oh and one thing I will say is I totally agree with the comments about the older members totally looking down on those with a Clio as they have sold theirs and moved on.