I hate my 200rs auto

Hi Everyone. I am a new member, female and 54 years old. I have owned a standard Clio, a 182, a 197 and have just bought a one year old RS200 Lux with the semi auto gearbox. I hate it.
I had my previous 197 from new in 2007 and clocked up 85000 trouble free happy miles. I loved her. (She is for sale if anyone interested). I have had the new 200 since the weekend and on test drive recognised that it was very different and would take a little getting used to. Sad to say that over the first 500 miles, I have had tears of sadness in my eyes for most of the time as I am realising that I hate this car. It has loads of features and gismos but basically I hate this auto gearbox. I just cannot find any fun there and driving is doesnt please me at all.

Does anyone have any tips or advice to help me get to like this car?
Alternatively does anyone have a genuine low mileage manual 200 that they would be interested in doing a deal with for the new one?

Yes, as I said I thought that once I got used to it, it would be fine. I'm not getting used to it.
Its the lack of smoothness in the gearchanges that I hate. I love a smooth gearchange and this auto business just isnt fast enough. There is a delay and its just not satisfying.

Tried sport or race mode? Normal mode is supposed to be rather relaxed

I have had mine on track a few times and its great.

I actually found it rather playful and responsive

It's deffo not as raw as the previous model tho

Ive tried Sport and its marginally better, but still not feeling good. Will try race mode and see if its any better.

It does take time yo get used to after owning a 197/200 I like you wasn't sure at first but now I love it. Try popping it in manual and force yourself to learn to use the paddles, that's what I did.

I am using the paddles. Certainly dont want to drive on complete automatic. That would really be too boring for me!
Good to know that you did eventually get used to it though.

not wishing to tell you how to "suck eggs" but you still have to adapt your driving style to the fp g/box....have you tried feathering the throttle slightly to help with the change?

Yes, tried that and it does make it feel a little better, but its still horrible. I hate the delay, I expect it to respond pretty much instantly. Is that unrealistic? It just doesnt feel slick enough.

Yes, tried that and it does make it feel a little better, but its still horrible. I hate the delay, I expect it to respond pretty much instantly. Is that unrealistic? It just doesnt feel slick enough.

I have driven a few and to be honest not had any issues with the ones I have driven with regards to speed of changing gear

when its not in full attack mode it wont be "instant" - but without trying it its hard to say - do you know someone with one you could compare?

Where abouts are you based in the country because yours doesn't like mine at all.

I'm only in Leicester but I think mine may be an unfair comparision with the exhaust/coilvers etc

I was happy with the power and gearbox. It was the suspension that I thought needed to be sharpened up

This seems strange as like the others have said, mine is quite speedy to change gear and I've not experienced a long delay.

ive driven 2 or 3 now last one i didnt have a problem, only time i did was when i tried pushing on in normal mode. and sometimes i found it hesitant. but put it in race and drive it how a rs should be driven and it was great.

For me, it's when you're driving it hard that it's so frustrating. It's just not the slick feel that I expected. It's only anything like acceptable when it's in race mode, and if I drive around in that all the time it will use a lot more petrol than the old 197 and be a lot less fun.
to be honest this car feels like the car that I will want when I'm 85. It's a fast car andif that's all you want then it's brilliant, but I want to enjoy the getting to fast as well. I want to DRIVE my car, not sit there like a dribbling passenger while the car does what it thinks I want. I'm not old or infirm enough for this car. I can't see that I'm going to have the same fun at auto solos or grass auto tests that I have had with the 197.
Fortunately I haven't sold the 197 yet so I'm going to get her a new set of tyres, a fancy exhaust and keep her. Maybe she's good for another 85000 miles and a few more Clubsport championships yet. At least I always have a big grin on my face when I'm driving her and that's what matters to me.
This fancy RS with all it's leather, RLink and other gadgets can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully I can find an 85 year old who is still wanting to bat around a bit to buy it! Silly old fool.
Thanks to all of you who have responded and offered help. If you see a smiley middle aged female in an elderly blue 197 going past you on the M1 around junction 25-28 give me a wave. Xx