I hate my 200rs auto

No offence taken MikeO. You are quite correct. I did drive it for a while, but when its so different you know that its going to take some getting used to. I thought that left to drive to by myself and play around with it, it would be fun. I should have driven it for longer before deciding to buy it. Indeed it is an expensive mistake, however my happiness and driving fun is priceless!

have you considered a remap would that sharpen things up? or just 0-60 etc.

I was waiting for this, lol. I went out if my way to find a good genuine 200 Cup with Recaros and A/C. Auto climate, keyless go are all bits to go wrong in my opinion, and I'm genuinely not interested in toys. If I was using it on track and auto testing I would opt for the cup personally, although admittedly were not talking huge differences.

Haha, it's always horses for courses mate. Personally I think as a daily driver having the 'luxuries' of a semi decent interior and some toys is nice for the negligible difference in weight. Although I own a fully spec'd 197, so that's gonna be my preference. Others (like you) prefer the more basic levels.

My point still was that the new 200t is actually a nice place to be (albeit lacking some fancy bucket seats) so it would be a stark contrast to jump in to a cup interior.

That is the problem. As I found, once you start to really "drive" the car on a test drive to find out what its really like, the dealer gets "windy" and wants to go home!
Wimpy gits with no balls!

Suprisingly enough in RenSwansea, the dealer I was with was gagging me to hit the limiter. I was the one bailing out!

I was allowed to drive how i wanted to on my test drive. Had no issues with the test drive at all

Maybe its time to sell on while the mileage is low and get something that you will enjoy driving.

I took loads of stick when i swapped my old Storm Grey 200 for my new 200T but i have grown to love it

I love the better MPG, reduced road tax. more torque, more comfort, nav, bluetooth blah blah blah

At the end of the day its your car, no point in having it if you hate it

I love mine. Better usability on a day to day basis than the old car, that I would love on a track/blast but would hate as a daily, and the ability to thrill when I want it to.

This thread does read "I don't like automatics, so I bought an automatic, and now I'm sad". But perhaps I've read it wrong?

I love mine. Better usability on a day to day basis than the old car, that I would love on a track/blast but would hate as a daily, and the ability to thrill when I want it to.

This thread does read "I don't like automatics, so I bought an automatic, and now I'm sad". But perhaps I've read it wrong?
It reads "I loved my other Clio Sports and bought this one trusting that Renault knew what they were doing and it would be just as good, if not better than the previous ones. Now that I have driven it for a number of miles, I've discovered that it is too boring and nothing like as much fun as the manual versions"