Why I hate cliosport.net...

Just to point out that all forum names appearing in these posts are purely for illustration purposes only. Any resemblance to Clio197.net persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

narrrr, both i and 172RS are tools. Especially the latter.

Forums in general...Its the good, the bad and the down right ugly. Its a virtual community with many faceless people. Its funny how on a forum, your car defines who you are, and people identify you as that? CS has its fair share of idiots but owning a 1*2 its not a prerequisite for being one, and all forums have their demigods. CS flame you 'up front', other forums will do it covertly.

Forums are strange communities and its funny, the only thing generally that we have in common (loosely) is our cars. Sell the car and most of us just move onto the next forum....

Last edited:
In defence of Jeremy and RUK (yeah, yeah here we go).

They invited admin off here, meg sport, Clio sport and a RS forum member over night to the Paris motor show for an exclusive tour and meet and greet of the designers of the MK RS Clio.

They also run some good comps such as a day out with the F1 team and the trackdays they run are second to none and helped people get home after incidents where as without the help they wouldn't have got home.

:thumbup1:

Haha Mentalpen no bad words were said towards Jeremy i just think its the fact he is on the forum people tip toe around.

Such a shame he has dropped from his previous role at RUK. I was gutted when he just passed me onto another useless woman. Everything positive i read about stuff getting done quickly and efficiently had Jeremys name included. I tried speaking to him but his roles have changed and im still going round in circles.

I'm not a fan on of site 2bh. I do go on and I have posted but think unless got a 172 or 182 they aren't interested. Like if not well known or in click your a out sider. Same with every forum.

Other problem is a lot older clios such as above do have young lads driving them that think know everything and everythin. Bit of a chav fest. Does have some good build treads.

Same with every forum. I've come from ford scene, rs owners club and that forum wasn't any better as have the know it alls, sh#t stirr's and key board warriors.

I dont really bother with Clio Sport I joined up as they were holding a joint rolling road day with here which certainly helped the turn out and they seemed a good bunch in the Scottish section

but...

I have to agree about the Renault Sport forum going down hill. I used to post on there from 2006 when i got my first 197, still posted when i got my 197 Cup and some werent to keen on me going from standard Cup suspensionto AST's.

I then posted a copy and paste of my first post from my Megane Hybrid thread on here when i got it and got one reply along the lines of "good luck with that!" :lol: Its been a year since i bought, Ive done 3k hard miles in it and its never grumbled :wink:

The RS forum is comical, any deviation from standard car is very much frowned upon.. "how dare you put non Renault air in your tyres, Renaultsport engineers are gods and must be obeyed... WTF, you removed the elf sticker from your rear window, shame on you!!!"

I get a good chuckle at that myself, especially with regards to the tyres. Im sure i read somewhere that when Renault were choosing the tyres for the .R the Dunlop DZ03's and Michelin Cups were quicker but the Toyo's were more cost effective for customers...

Nothing to with the rebates that would have been on offer.

@Marshall just put them up for sale and it will be fine.

RUK can't condone or promote after market stuff in case it goes wrong.

There is a lot of flack on there towards Renault at the moment not least from my self so IMO they are quite liberal in what they allow.

Here it go again. Cliosport is worst club & forum ever! They all talk loads of crap, it a shame it was good few year ago. I join on there 2005 till 2008. It just got worst, getting more idiot. Last cs meet few year ago, they were wheels spin & handbrake turn. I mean wtf!? God sake grown up! So left that club cos it sh*t! This is why I am on here more helpful & friendly.

I love this club! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Here it go again. Cliosport is worst club & forum ever! They all talk loads of crap, it a shame it was good few year ago. I join on there 2005 till 2008. It just got worst, getting more idiot. Last cs meet few year ago, they were wheels spin & handbrake turn. I mean wtf!? God sake grown up! So left that club cos it sh*t! This is why I am on here more helpful & friendly.

I love this club! :thumbup:

and we all love you giles,:group:

I don't find it bad personally. Just tend to ignore the chav threads.

Always good meeting up with people from there :smile:

Totally agree with this thread.

I was a member on the Cliosport.net for 2 years and some, but by no means all, of the people aggressive and arrogant. I’d ask a question, which was a plausible question with some merit and I would receive from the odd user a ‘cold comment’.

Conversely, this forum is totally different. I’ve asked many questions on here and received top hints, tips and replies. Sometimes, I email folk and they write essays of help.

Some of my mates say that forums users are just for the obnoxious and for people who ‘bum’ their cars, which might be right on the glanza, CTR, EVO forums etc...but , from my experience having been on the 197/200.net a few months, I can say this is definitely not the case.

this isnt aimed at cs as such but sometimes when people are helped or ask questions a thank you goes a long way - been many a time you post loads of help etc and you dont get anything - sometimes even sort of ignored...

just left a group on fb as some couldnt be bothered to thank you for help!!!

This forum and 106oc are by far the best forums I've used, everyone is extremely helpful and everyone gets a long nicely with a bit of banter thrown in which is always good.

Even when people start a thread no matter how small or silly it might seem, people are always willing to help.

Yeah banter goes a long way on forums, Ive had a right laugh whilst being on here for a year, friendliest forum ive been a member on