Why does the clio bring out the k**b in other drivers....?

Its funny how the clio brings out the k**b in other drivers...Just driving along and people in all kinds of cars (not just sports cars or hot hatches) start doing daft things to get in front of you!! Quite funny at sometimes other times really pisses me off......almost throwing down the gauntlet..

yes know what you mean mate i just had some chod get right upto my bumper in a 40 road on route back from down so i slowed down and they didnt back off so needles to say i gave it some welly in 4th and lost him haha

It's normally some clampit in a ''fast'' Golf or generic VAG company dervmobile around here.

I just leave them to it. Let them make a d!ck of themselves. :smiley:

Had some bloke with his wife in the car wanting a bash in his fabia vrs!! Guy was easily 50+ lol guessing he didn't know what he was up against :thumbup:

Happens all the time mate especially at lights they sit there reving the nuts of only for you to leave them standing there:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It happens so many times with my misses driving

Its the same with most fast looking cars, my civic just looks like a tidy teenagers car i still have the 1.4 badge on the back but its got a 200 bhp 1.8 in it.
If i had camera in the rear window to shoot the egoed up bmw, audi and jag rep everytime i casually cruise past them as there pluming diesel smoke out it wound keep me happy for years lol :thumbup:

I guess they just see a 'Clio' and think they are further up the pecking order. I often get people carriers try it on, especially Ford S Max's for some reason they think the Red S badge means that they have a sports car.... No you actualy have a van with windows.

Had my car for about 8 months now and have not yet had anyone "challenge" me on the road and I have been looking. This may be due to only being 3 miles to work and back on shifts (no ones about at 5.30am), however the right foot is ready and waiting the moment it does happen!

Don't really get this myself, I do find that nobody pulls out infront of me and people jump out of the way on the motorway.... :wink:

I have been finding older people are trying it on in diesel cars. Had a guy in an Accord CDTi yesterday up my arse down a dual carriage way near my house. A quick push on the right pedal delt with him easily.

I only collected mine last saturday but within 20 miles of driving up the A6 i had a merc sat up my rear wanting me to get a move on and then on the M62 with barely 100 miles on the clock some jiz in an alfa mito undertaking me and swinging in front after the road works. :thumbdown:

bmw 320d's are the bain of my life! I know I should be toasting them well and truly, and I do, but I always make harder work out of it than I probably need to. Between that and kangaroo-ing away from lights when the engines not quite up to heat, and I'm just an embarrassment to the Clio name :oops:

I find it more with unsuspecting cars as well!

You will pass other "performance" cars like S2000s, Civics, 172/182s etc and nothing happens yet some tosser in a VAG or Shogun etc will always try to keep pace, or prevent lane merges etc.

This annoys the hell out of me.

I spend over 50 miles each day on minor A and B roads, and I like to drive, make progress.

But whenever I get the usual BMW/VAG derv behind me they sit two car lengths away then go for ridiculous overtakes.

As others have said I just let them get on with it, get past, let them get away then resume enjoying my drive.

bmw 320d's are the bain of my life! I know I should be toasting them well and truly, and I do, but I always make harder work out of it than I probably need to. Between that and kangaroo-ing away from lights when the engines not quite up to heat, and I'm just an embarrassment to the Clio name :oops:

Cuttsie, for a first post that is epic..lol

Turn T/C off for 5 mins and lose the rooing:thumbup:

I get this all the time but with right tools!
And they always own fecking sheds...

like said, most people who take pride in their cars dont cream then, Type R passes Clo 197... nothing (if proud owners not old ep3 being ragged to hell and back)

Saxo guy today.. under took me on island with his cage stripped rear and sparco seats then booted it away from the lights with his exhaust as wide as his face! why i dont no... everyone noes saxos got sheet on any renaultport....

Then on the way home on A38, off of the island there is a bend and then a hill climb (about a mile) i love to boot it up to 70mph here as i am sure most people do go onto a duel carriage way (slip ramp), old t reg laguna (i think) up my arse like f*ck flashing as getting off island onto a38, so booted it, about 10mins later CC on at 70mph he comes flying past, him and his misus got a rate smile on their faces (about 50 years old) lol like they were saying YEAAAAAHHHHHH EASY! Done Him!!!!

Get it the odd time, but as mentioned its never with another RS or hot hatch. Always some man with a mid life crisis in his derv BMW, Audi or Merc. Probably see that i'm a young guy driving a hot hatch and assume i'm up for a race lol.

Never had any massive issues. Just the odd idiot in corsa/nova/saxo/fiesta and clios (shock not all clio drivers are little angels) but I just let them get on with it.

I think people need to take a look at the way they are driving and maybe not the fact people are trying to race you, more likely the fact you are in the way. I sit at 65-70 on motorways and im normally the slowest car, so I tend to sit in the outside lane so i don't get in the way. The clio isn't made for motorways.