Why do we want ST pictures on a Renault Forum????

I have now crossed the Fiesta from the list
Is it the mid range power and handling

Just leaves me with the Megan and GT86.

It's much better now with the black roof. Just need to tint my headlights and it'll be perfect!

Yeah the one i went to view has a black roof.

Leather recaros, xenons etc. Just trying to see how figures work out though, she wouldnt budge from 13k last weekend. Front tyres will need replacing soon, slight wear on the drivers recaro and will need to be taxed (not sure if the dealership will tax or if ill have to pay for it)

Just seen the car - looks good spec, only missing the monitor! But otherwise not bad! Is the roof painted or vinyl?

Im not too suer if painted or vinyl - not too bothered either way as it looks great against the yellow.

Its just trying to get things all together. Think Pete (Rogue) might be coming with me sat morning to have a test drive of it. If all seems perfect then ill ask if she car tax it for the following friday and accept £12500 (she said saturday they wouldnt budge from 13K). Had a dealer ring me today and offer trade in price of £8400 and they can collect whenever so i might see if he can push that up to £8600. Only worry is, i could commit to buying the meg, then when the dealer comes to view they could then be bum holes and then try to offer lower that whats offered so far which would mean figures dont add up as well....

thought they would want to be on ford forums. i don't dislike it, love cars to, and i guess if it means keeping good people here then great, this is definitely one of the friendlier forums.
in fact i went to pick up 4 alloys yesterday from this guy whom bought his 197 for track and i told him to come on here as he will find lots of useful information and just told him how friendly everyone is here.....said he might check it out!

A lot of those that have an ST are site staff, they are the people who have made this forum what it is.

Unfortunately they feel a need to step down (wrongly in my view) but those that leave renault sport generally come back to renault sport.

surly if people whom have ST's they would want to be on a ST forum???

I'm pleased in a way this has come up :wink:

I have been on here as an Admin for nearly 4 years, and been a member for longer (was on the old site too)

In that time, I have owned a Zetec S, Clio 197, Clio 182, and now, Stripes. Not once did anyone say anything bad on here about my choice of car.

On Cliosport.net, when I posted up pictures of my full fat 197, which had a cup spoiler and R27 stickers, I got pulled apart for it, and they are us, our own type. Brian, Luke & Nik, whom I deal with and get on with, deal with stuff like that straight away now (please DO NOT turn this thread in to anti CS lol), when I did my well known 'Clio 197 VS Fiesta ST' thread two years ago, it turned into a slanging match on a Zetec S forum I used to frequent, it turned heated on Saxperience (my religious history stems from SAXP and Saxos!), but on here it attracted sensible comments and criticism, same as on STOC.

Because of the length of time I have been on here, most of the long term members know me, and is know them we all know how to poke fun at each other, I mean, look at Roy, he pre dates time itself according to Fernandez! So these guys know I like a good joke about, they know my car history. But also in that time, I've moved on to pastures new, as have a lot of the older members, but they/we still like to be on here to poke fun and joke with each other. As well as discuss the cars. It just so happens that so many people on here who had Clio 200/197's now own the new Fiesta ST. And also, a lot of people used to own an ST before their Clio.

I was surprised that Jonesy owned one lol!

So the whole point of that thread was to collect some photos of various ST's past and present. It is in the correct section too :wink:

Have to look at the other sites, look how most of them 'other marque' sections, so this kind of thing goes on on all the owners clubs, not just here. The members on here at just more open minded than other members on other sites, and this we should be grateful for, I don't come on here to chat clios (in case you hadn't guessed), I come on here to laugh at stuff, to look at people's pictures and to do adminny stuff.

We can't please everyone, but 99% of people don't seem to be too bothered that the :st: owners still come on here and support the site, and laugh at each other, at the end of the day, isn't that more important?

Mike

A lot of those that have an ST are site staff, they are the people who have made this forum what it is.

Unfortunately they feel a need to step down (wrongly in my view) but those that leave renault sport generally come back to renault sport.

Unless I win the lottery ( :wink: ), I won't be RS'ing for a long time I can assure you lol!

Great post Mike I couldn't agree more. I have moved on to a leon FR but still love the Clio and will hang around as long as possible as it's a friendly site. I have clio197.net stickers on my work van the car and my lanyard is used for my work ID so I still fly the flag :smile: doesn't matter in the slightest what car you have it is just a great friendly forum :smile:

and from joining this site and being an "outsider" i can back up that this is such a friendly site where "adults" can discuss things without being pedantic and sad about it............

Couldn't agree more. Although I won't complain too much about the recent intake of 'fresh blood' :wink: :smiley:.

Great post Mike. Personally I love the fact that the 197/200.net guys are genuine petrol heads, who appreciate all forms of cars and marques. I've had Saxos and Fiestas in the past. Like you I made the move over here from ZSOC. But this is far and away one of the most friendly, well layed out, and well moderated (no joke) forums I've come across, so I've got no plans of leaving anytime soon, regardless of what car I drive in the future.

Can't argue that the sites is without doubt one of the best I've been associated with however it's not pistionheads. I joined cause I bought a Clio and I guess that's what's brought all these great people together. Might be controversial but I feel it's losing a bit of that Clio'ness. Maybe it's me and it's not a personal thing against anyone, just the forum will envitably become more about 'the banter' and less about the cars (the less people own one) and this is becoming a bit of a trend.

Not using it as a yardstick but for all its shortcomings and a small minority of dickheads, can't imagine Cliosport run by anything other than Clio owners, cause that gives it it's longevity long after members have gone. People are so passionate about their Clio's on there and not sure they would drive a ford ST even if they were given one. Not because it's a bad car, just cause it wouldn't feel right. No critisim, just an observation.

I respect the hard work and time people have contributed to the site but lets not forget that the commonality was owning at some point a fantastic car, and not the friendships that have been cultivated as a consequence.....but that's just my point of view.

Last edited:
Interesting point Litchy. And one that I think the recent changes has gone some way to addressing (all the new staff appointments are current Clio owners). It is a tricky line to walk.

Just on a side note, there are a lot of CS staff that don't own Clios. (or at least there was when I used to frequent it).

Iitchy it's a small amount of none clio owners which were mainly admin and mod jobs and me being a Meg owner is this a prob for you my friend just let me know as your obviously unhapppy with none clio members