Why do we want ST pictures on a Renault Forum????

Unhappy? Not that emotive for me. Its a forum for all views and opinions, but certainly not something personal against non-Clio owners. That would be really pathetic. Also its not like these discussions have not taken place anyway. My view is its a Clio 197/200/200T site first, and if we are not careful that can become lost, not because people dont own one but because its less about the cars, and more about the members. I'm certainly not suggesting that owning a Clio is a prerequisite for being involved in the site whether you've never owned one, have owned one or currently owned one.

Last edited:
I look at it this way my friend it's what you do for the forum as going to meets and day to day things that's how I see things as a member

I do feel the site is losing its "clio-ness" and it shows with posts/pics/build threads and meets etc from clio owners, becoming less and less,

But its all down too the members with clios keeping quiet and just reading and not posting,

Sooo stop keeping quiet and MAN/WOMEN UP AND POST! :tongueout:anic:

And lets try and make the ST's on the site a minority not a majority :d

I look at it this way my friend it's what you do for the forum as going to meets and day to day things that's how I see things as a member

I think people pay their membership so its down to the individual in how the forum works for them. I do think though it should be recognised the work some members contribute to the upkeep of the site.

Lets not look at the discussion too negatively and lets welcome lots of different views on how we can progress the site

Last edited:
I do agree with litchy that maybe the site has become more about banter than clios BUT are we not here because we all love the Clio? I know that there are a lot of members that don't post and this is prob the problem. Not enough new members getting involved. I know I'm not going any where even if I have moved on ( obviously didn't sell up through choice just circumstances)

I myself feel that on the south coast me and Tom (soton200) are the most active members that haven't got clios but if we don't organise and go along to meets then who will? On that note I can't wait for brands in the Leon :wink:

Can't argue that the sites is without doubt one of the best I've been associated with however it's not pistionheads. I joined cause I bought a Clio and I guess that's what's brought all these great people together. Might be controversial but I feel it's losing a bit of that Clio'ness. Maybe it's me and it's not a personal thing against anyone, just the forum will envitably become more about 'the banter' and less about the cars, the less people own one, and this is becoming a bit of a trend.

Not using it as a yardstick but for all its shortcomings and a small majority of dickheads, can't imagine Cliosport run by anything other than Clio owners, cause that gives it it's longevity long after members have gone. People are so passionate about their Clio's on there and not sure they would drive a ford ST even if they were given one. Not because it's a bad car, just cause it wouldn't feel right. No critisim, just an observation.

I respect the hard work and time people have contributed to the site but lets not forget that the commonality was owning at some point a fantastic car, and not the friendships that have been cultivated as a consequence.....but that's just my point of view.

I agree there mate, it has. What I think I wanted to happen with this site, and it seems to be happening (for the good or bad, you decide), is that there is a vast wealth of knowledge Clio wise on here, and it seems most issues people have with their clio's are sorted on here with help from people, and there are also the people who have moved on who want to stay on here, and through the "Other Marques" section, they can (or the now removed "Fiesta ST" section :wink: )

I'm proud of this place, got such a great bunch of Reps, Mods etc, and most important, an amazing bunch of members....after all, it is they that make this place what it is today!

I came to this site for the love of the clio/new car, loved seeing project threads and alike. Then it was the usefulness of the site and being braver with posts etc. Now i'm not to fussed with clio only content. It's more about being a part of a petrolhead community. (granted I will look at all the RS threads before I look at the St's in the 'other marque' section.)

Don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is that gray area being critical of someone's personal choice. That is what I dislike.

Take Top Gear. I utterley hate it, because I despise Clarkson. Someone will always start a thread on here when it's on to remind me it's on. Now, I will normally launch into a viscious attack about how crap it is, but wouldn't start criticism on people who like it. Much. :wink:

Don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is that gray area being critical of someone's personal choice. That is what I dislike.

Take Top Gear. I utterley hate it, because I despise Clarkson. Someone will always start a thread on here when it's on to remind me it's on. Now, I will normally launch into a viscious attack about how crap it is, but wouldn't start criticism on people who like it. Much. :wink:

Hi Mike, thought it was quite balanced the comments. I guess anything posted out there in the public domain, you are then inadvertently inviting peoples comments (good, bad and indifferent). Peoples motivation to comment comes from a number of places (not always good) and even though 'they' can appear to come across positive, I'm under no illusion that there are also members on all forums that have more faces than a town hall clock mate.....

I guess its each to their own, Cliosport reputation goes before it but maybe its just a different kind of honest(?)

Last edited:
I think this site will take off again once (or if) 200T's take off more.

This!!!!

Also i think since the new model is not massively popular (not opening a new can) then new information does not come as often, and the rest of us whom have the older models then this site is so great that all the information is here already so nothing to add.......

Sorry but can't resist. A quick pic of daughter,s new ST, she pics it up 2nd jan

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387899573.675679.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387899573.675679.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 31