Who's serviced their 197/200 after 1500 miles?

My car is coming up to 1000 miles and i'm wanting to do an oil and filter change.

What oil are you lot using in these?

Have any of you even bothered to do a 'running in' oil change? Or am I wasting my time.

Thanks.

I cannot say about whether you should change it or not, it can't do any harm, but I use 0w40 Oil, Mobil stuff.

We had our 200 serviced around that mileage. Oil was not too bad. However, had it changed again, after our first trackday and it was minging lol.

We had our 200 serviced around that mileage. Oil was not too bad. However, had it changed again, after our first trackday and it was minging lol.

I bet it was, my mate changed his oil before and after Ring trip this year, and it too was minging!

I was told its definitely worth changing after the first thousand miles ish. Just gets rid of any little metal shavings etc that might have appeared after the running in period

You're not required to do it but from what i've heard it's well worth it.

I know someone who rebuilt a mini engine, lots of new parts and he said when he changed the oil after just a few hundred miles it came out silver because of all the tiny pieces of metal in it.

That's going to be more extreme than a factory built engine but it shows it's worth doing

Modern engines are built so much better than back in the day that very little swarf would be deposited in the oil.

I've even heard some say that give it another 5-10 years and the need to run an engine in at all will be redundent ( although im dubious if the IC engine will be around at all in 10 years... )

its still a good practise to do it even if modern oils last better and the engines run soo much cleaner now !

I have no idea if mine was changed as it was 12 months old when I bought it. But it is still going and the car is amazing. So I wouldn't worry too much tbh.

I changed mine after 1k and every 6 months but it gets a fair bit of abuse.

You can never have too many oil changes, especially if your going to do trackdays in it imo.

I didn't change mine at 1000 miles, didn't see the point given that it'd barely been run in by that stage.

I'm now on 3.5k and have completed my first track day in it so I'm thinking about getting the oil changed.