Modified Akrapovic, who's done it?

Considering a res delete on the Akra just to give it a bit more edge. Has anyone done anything like this? Probably won't change out the manifold for now as it's such a big job... Such a shame the cat is in the manifold.

Show me what you've got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I done it (Removed the resonator) and had to go back to the resonator equipped centre section after 2 weeks. On track it sounded properly awesome however it created a massive flatspot and the day to day drone was horrendous.

I done it (Removed the resonator) and had to go back to the resonator equipped centre section after 2 weeks. On track it sounded properly awesome however it created a massive flatspot and the day to day drone was horrendous.

Thanks mate. Will probably end up leaving it in in that case. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i am running Akrapovic with the resonated centre pipe.

I am wondering if it is beneficial to decat the manifold cat?

Any opinions?

Hi i am running Akrapovic with the resonated centre pipe.

I am wondering if it is beneficial to decat the manifold cat?

Any opinions?

Well an Akrapovic with the resonator still and an R3 manifold (so decat) - trips the noise meters at Bedford, so I wouldn't advise any de-cat manifold with an Akra.

@NOddie

was it mapped when you deleted the centre section?

the baffle / baffles have gone in mine and needs to come out

Last edited:
Well an Akrapovic with the resonator still and an R3 manifold (so decat) - trips the noise meters at Bedford, so I wouldn't advise any de-cat manifold with an Akra.

Any difference in performance? I am expecting a stronger high end pull and a more responsive mid range torque.

Mine is tuned.