Which is the best Track for a novice

RS days are a good place to start...all the cars are technically of a similar pace, so at least you don't have to worry about a Radical/GTR/Caterham coming around to lap you every third lap.

I've not seen that myself but there's plenty of camaraderie left, I've met so many nice people at TD's. It's one of the few situations where you don't feel weird walking up to people and asking them about their car and visa versa.

There's none of the typical badge snobbery either I find when you're at just general car shows (thinking of TRAX and the like) it's just people who love their cars.

This. When i go its usually on my own, always found it really easy to talk to most people so your not alone all day.

Blyton park was a newly refurbed airfield track last year, with nothing you can hit unless you drive back onto the road. Nice track for any novice based in the Lincs area

Good shout. Forgot about the newly rejuvenated Blyton.

I too find it easy enough to talk to most at trackdays, it does tend to transcend badge snobbery. Last time I was at Goodwood I ended up in a bay next to, and spent most of the day queueing with and talking to a guy with a brand spanking new GTR which he bought solely for track days. Turns out he is a very wealthy individual with an Aventador on order...but he didn't stop asking me about the Clio!

Having said that, there's a new breed of trackday attendee that I don't get along with. They tend to turn up with beat up old E36 M3s on trailers, stripped out and covered with stickers and spoilers, and seemingly with a point to prove. Again, last time out at Goodwood I almost got rear ended by one in a braking zone, and the last session of the day was cancelled as another one put his over the tyre wall on his out lap.

LOL

It is still a minority who are muppets but also the organisers are to part blame as well as they should pulling them in, and like has been said usually everyone gets on well and respects each other, so don't let the negative comments put you off, as it's the safest amount of fun you can have with your car.

The Renault track days sound good also club MSV do a 'how fast' where you get to drive one of their palmer sport Clio Cup racers, first hour you get training then you get to put in top lap times and the nice thing here is the skills you learn will still be relevant when you get back in your car.

Its also worth nting a "cheap" £150 day or so will attrach cheap cars nothing to loose attitudes.

MSV and others days are twice as expensive but you get much nicer cars where drivers take less risks because they have more to loose the more expensive days also tend to attract less people so win win

RS days are a good place to start...all the cars are technically of a similar pace, so at least you don't have to worry about a Radical/GTR/Caterham coming around to lap you every third lap.

agree with this Roy it can get a little scary on a run what you brung day very intimidating for a novice when a powerful car comes barrelling up behind you, that's what my wife didn't like last year it took her all day to get back in the car after the morning session.
i found it a friendly set on the RS trackdays and there seems a lot less ego's on the track. and everyone is reasonably evenly matched in terms of performance.

on the RYB days you will get K**b heads in £2k worth of Scooby determined to show how big his willy is by passing you on the bends, flags or no flags.

Was i crazy to do the nurburgring as my first ever track experience in my 2 month old 200? lol

Then did snetterton on the new layout, that was fun, really enjoyed it.

I have also been eyeing bedford up, lots of run off, local, and they do cheap evening sessions throughout the summer. Ill probs try and go once this year to finish the front tyres off :smile:

Haven't done a trackday yet.

Definitely thinking about it this year, I don't mind where as long as it's fairly local. Probably won't do the Nurburgring as my first though :smiley: