Where's the cost go doing the meg conversion

Well intercooler kit managed to find its way into garage without misses noticing. So next up is downpipe. Are there any crap ones? I see toyo ones are 125 ish

toyosports one will be fine. paint it with vht paint then wrap it, it'll be more than up to the job.

I think they're both 2.75" anyway, and at the end of the day it's just a piece of metal, there's nothing particularly special about a downpipe, so if you paint it then wrap it then it won't rust, so in this case I'd go with the cheapest!

Reactions: Siliconsteve
OK are there more than one choices for clutch and flywheel? I guess different tuners sell different parts but are there ones to steer clear of or ones to go for? I no Sean I think suggested engine dynamics I think

Flywheel - standard or single mass. Smf is lighter by about 6kg iirc, I have the engine dynamics r26.r clutch and their smf, cost around 600.
Clutch - probably best to have a snoop round the megane forums to see what there is. If you're not going for silly power the standard clutch and flywheel may be ok.

Flywheel - standard or single mass. Smf is lighter by about 6kg iirc, I have the engine dynamics r26.r clutch and their smf, cost around 600.
Clutch - probably best to have a snoop round the megane forums to see what there is. If you're not going for silly power the standard clutch and flywheel may be ok.
Crikey 6kg. No not looking for more than 260-270. You mean keep standard dmf?

Yeah the standard dmf, may even get away with standard clutch. However depending on what that costs it may be worthwhile just futre-proofing and getting the engine dynamics kit.

Yeah the standard dmf, may even get away with standard clutch. However depending on what that costs it may be worthwhile just futre-proofing and getting the engine dynamics kit.
It's done 83000 on meg clutch so silly to keep it, but no point buying a new dmf as expensive anyway

It's done 83000 on meg clutch so silly to keep it, but no point buying a new dmf as expensive anyway

I'd say get the engine dynamics kit then. Flywheel never needs replacing and the clutch has 20% more clamping power. People say that the smf makes a metallic noise when starting, which it does, but now I barely notice it.

I'd say get the engine dynamics kit then. Flywheel never need replacing and the clutch has 20% more clamping power. People say that the smf makes a metallic noise when starting, which it does, but now I barely notice it.
Odd, starter motor maybe. Does yours bring eml light on