Where's the cost go doing the meg conversion

Brand new megane driveshafts won't fit as the ends (where they fit into the clio hubs) are different. You'll need either complete old style shafts, or fit newer shafts with old-style ends, which is what I did. The shafts are sided, n/s is shorter than the o/s.

Brand new megane driveshafts won't fit as the ends (where they fit into the clio hubs) are different. You'll need either complete old style shafts, or fit newer shafts with old-style ends, which is what I did. The shafts are sided, n/s is shorter than the o/s.
Ah that's what I was after. thanks Sean

Actually what you mean by old style .lol

Actually what you mean by old style .lol

Basically second hand ones! Unfortunately I couldn't find out when renault changed the design. I had second hand shafts but both had buggered cv joints so I bought two new shafts and swapped the ends off the old shafts onto the new ones.

Last edited:
Basically second hand ones! Unfortunately I couldn't find out when renault changed the design. I had second hand shafts but both had buggered cv joints so I bough two new shafts and swapped the ends off the old shafts onto the new ones.
Ah I get you. Meg shafts with 197 ends

You could also grind the ends down in order to fit I believe..not the best solution but think it can be done..

You could also grind the ends down in order to fit I believe..not the best solution but think it can be done..

The problem with that is the potential for vibration as they won't be balanced.

Bit worried now as my driveshafts seemed to fit no problem. What is the actual issue? Splines different or something else?
Russ

Bit worried now as my driveshafts seemed to fit no problem. What is the actual issue? Splines different or something else?
Russ

It's the 'knuckle' bit before the splines that's the issue. Hold on I'll see if I can find a pic.

Reactions: sevenfourate