whats the best super unleaded?

hi all, now ive been using shell v power ever since i brought the 200 last july and im not fussed on petrol prices so was wondering would there be any difference if i change to lets say tesco momentum or bp ultimate? what is the octane rating rating of these? i just fancy a change and ive always had to travel about 8 miles to get the v power when theres a tescos round the corner. just want to see what people are using really and have anyone noticed any differnce in performace or mpg. cheers

Personally I would suggest you stay with VPower or Momentum, both are 99RON. Most other "Super" unleaded is 97RON, including BP Ultimate.

I ran my 197 on Sainsbury's 97 for a while, but swapped to VPower after a disappointing RR result, and the car is definitely better on VPower, most noticably as it is less lumpy when cold.

I'd say the one that's most convenient at the time.... I doubt there's much noticable difference if any as long as it's super unleaded.

I would personally take a miss on super market fuels though.

9/10 time i use v power but if i need to fill up and no shell garages near by i put any super unleaded in and there is no difference at all.

Momentum is meant to be the best... It's all I run mine on... And it's what was recomended when I got it mapped. :smile:

Momentum is the best IMO.

Momentum : 99 RON
V-Power : 99 RON
BP Ultimate : 97 RON
Waitrose Super : 98 RON
Sainsbury's Super : 97 RON
Texaco Super : 97 RON
Esso Super : 97 RON
that's all I can think of.

Someone somewhere put a link up to a "Which?" survey which put Tesco momentum firmly at the top for performance gains & economy!

Shoot me down, but I've tried a few different fuels and can't tell any difference at all! The only diff I noticed was v power seemed to give me worse cold judders. I just use the texaco super as it's close to my house.

I can't even tell any difference between premium and normal in the clio, except on cold start where the premium is better

Sainsburys super - but purely for the nectar points as I go through so much of the stuff. Sometimes vpower, but can't really tell the difference tbh

I was chating with an American colleague yesterday and their Premium is 93 RON and the standard is 85-87 RON. I'm not sure our cars would like that!??

Someone somewhere put a link up to a "Which?" survey which put Tesco momentum firmly at the top for performance gains & economy!

IIRC, it said don't buy BP Ultimate due to high sulphur but that Tesco 99 can give up to 5% better BHP and therefore in a tank something like up to 10% better fuel economy....therefore it does warrant the extra cost :smile: And particularly if you have forced induction.

I also use Tesco Momentum99, clubcard points etc etc.....Its all i run mine on and does seem very healthy for the engine.

Running mine on Momentum and V-Power has stopped my cold kangerooing completely! I have been using it for ages though. The last time it happened was when I put Waitrose super in a few times, so I stopped using it.

I run Vpower in my 1.6, Ill get slated for it but it irons out a few problems wich I get from poor mans fuel, kangarooing especially.

Vpower feels the best to me.
Sainsburies feels terrible
Total doesnt feel great either
Never tried tesco though.