What made you buy a 197/200???

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I'll put my hand up and say that I used to hate the 197 when it first came out. It didn't help that it were a grey one - I have in inherited dislike to that colour.

Then Leckie sold his saxo and bought a 197, when he put his pictures of his up on Saxperience, I started to warm to them, not a lot, but a little.

The SamCook sold his minter than mint VTS and bought a white cup - that swung me round a little more to the 197, but still not to that "tipping point" of wanting one more than anything else lol.

The thing that made me blue with envy was I was on my way back from Farnham, Surrey in my Brown UPS van on the M25, and I looked in the mirror to change lane, and there was this amazing sight - a red 197 with the cup spoiler - it over took me, slowly, and I was in love with them lol.

That was last July, I have wanted one ever since - and June this year, I put the following up on ZSOC:

Tomorrow, I seemed to have landed myself in a bit of a kerfuffle.

I accidentally knocked the phone off the hook earlier, and my hand fell onto the keypad and dialled a car dealer by mistake. Then I found myself, and I don't know how, booking a test drive in a new Cliosport 197 for tomorrow at 12h30.

Now the thing that worries me is that I might trip and my hand will land on a pen, then it will slip into the signature field of an agreement.

The whole series of incidents listed above could end up with my Zetec S becoming another car on the list of cars "I used to own"!

That is all

I love it so much, I wanted one more than ever, but lack of money, and not wanting finance was the thing that was guaranteeing I would never own one, then Mother and Father in law said that they would lend the money to us and pay back on the drip!

June 28th - me and the wife picked up the new toy!

:smile::smile:

You?

Ever since i first saw them at the London motor show i wanted one. Loved the look of them, the wideness is something that stood out plus being a big fan of hot hatches Renault was the only manufacturer who seemed to be building proper hot hatches.

Then when the time came to change my 106 GTi it seemed the obvious choice, safer, more luxury, plenty of spec plus a touch more power.

Even though i do miss my 106 a little i'm very happy with the 197 and glad i got one :smile:

looks...plain and simple.

was looking to trade in my modded mk4 golf 1.8t for something i wouldnt need to mod...;/

Me and the Missus went for a look at a Renault garage to pass time to see if we could see one of those "blue 'clio sports'". They didn't have one, but they had a fully loaded Nimbus R27 just sat there and I almost collapsed tbh.

Took it for a drive and that was that.

Always wanted another Clio after my first Campus Sport but slightly faster so i test drove a cup when they first came out and that was that...

a few year later of saving and gaining NCB i puschased my R27

Looks!! don't know how many times I was at the dealers drooling over it, but had to wait for my first year NCB so basically a whole year of wanting one, then this year got the money togeather and bought one, just love it! I have had a few problems but still happy I bought one! Seen it on fifthgear loads of times too and they loved it just made me want one more! :thumbup1:

I had a 1.2 Clio liberte was going to buy a 182 because at the time hated the 197 but when I started looking at 197's and then once I sat in one I fell for it.:smile::smile:

Never looked back :tongueout:

was after a new shape ctr - but were more than i was willing to pay....

then noticed the cost of 197 and the performance it offered - found one and bought it there and then :001_tt1:

Hated em at first like most. But very quickly came round to them. I bought a 182 (my dream car at the time) Then they released the R27 which i fell in love with, i LOVE LY. So after the 182 for 6 months and realising the 182 wasnt quite what i had hoped for i went and bought my R27 in brighton. Loved it and never looked back, amazing car. they look so good, i cream every time i see one in my rear view coz they look so wide and mean!:thumbup1:

Saw a 197 and thought WTF is that.

Then the 200 came out and the deals were so good - I decided that it was time to get my first Clio 8)

First drive of any Clio was when I picked it up :scared:

P7190191.gif