What do people think about Bridgestone RE 050A tyres ?

What do people think as these are a lil cheaper than conti sport 3s ! Also I hear these are used on the limited addition 200 clios ?

Absoultely sh!t in the ice/cold. To the point where Impreza's give up the ghost on them.

Not as good as Conti's in the wet but they're on a par with them in the dry.

Once they are half used they loose allot of grip, and they are noisy. I had them on my Mercedes and was not pleased with them.

**** in the damp, good in the wet and outstanding in the dry.

standard on the meg trophy.

I've got a pair on the front of mine and i'm impressed with them, potenza things?

Held up well at the ring, were a bit gummy at the end of the lap.

Had a set on for quite some time.

I am happy with mine, give good performance.

Never really used them in anger, as they are only used on the road.

I would be happy to use them again.

As mentioned, fitted to megane 265 trophy, which as we know set Ring lap time with them!

When I had the Focus ST I tried Conti Sportcontacts, Pirelli PZero Neros and the Bridgestones mentioned above on it and in all honesty the Bridgestones were head and shoulders above the others in all conditions. Yes they weren't great in the snow but with the Contis I couldn't even get out of my street! They wear very well too. Once the Contis on the car are done it will be getting a set of RE050As.

Also be sure you get the RE050As' and not the RE050s'. That letter 'A' makes a huge difference as I found out when I get the 'A' less ones fitted by mistake once. Though even they were better than the Contis.

Last edited: