Bridgestone Potenza RE070 vs Yoko AD08/08r

What are your opinion and compares ? Heard, those potenzas are the best tires for clio running on nordschleife ... hmmm

I look forward to the inputs on this.

I've had the Ad08, not the R, found them to be a good tyre, I've got Syron semi slicks on at the moment and I find them on par with the Yoko, but the Yoko has 8.5mm new whereas these Syrons have 5mm. The Bridgestones have 8.5mm though and are a lot cheaper than the Yoko, so value for money is on the Bridgestones

They're on Subaru Sti's and Nissan GTR standard so they can't be bad lol

I ran the RE070s last summer. Could not fault them at all, best tyres I've ever run and I've tried Goodyear Eagle, Pirelli PZero Nero, ContiSport contact 3 and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A to name but a few. I'll be buying more RE070s in a month or two.

I'll be buying mine in about 2 months once these are dead on the car

Can't get on with the tramlining of the RE070s on my car. 225/45/17.

Might get on better on wider rims as they are a tiny bit squashed onto the standard rim.

I'm running 225, but on the 8J Speedlines and they fit snug now, I was running the standard Speedlines and the tyres looked a little bulgy on them.

I get a little bit of tram lining on uneven roads, but nothing drastic that annoys me.

Whats mileage have you done on the Bridgestones? [MENTION=11610]Goose[/MENTION]

ill take them off you if your thinking of getting them off

I definitely would, but I'm planning on ruining them on a track day next month! More than half worn, covered 4-5k.

Don't get me wrong, they're superb when I'm on smooth country lanes but constantly pull and snatch on straight bumpy roads. You can really tell these are a good tire and I can totally see why they're standard on a gtr - just too big/stiff for clios size/weight.

Can you get the Bridgestone Potenza Re070 in 215/45/17. I've only been able to find them in 225/45/17.

They sell them in 215/45/17 in the US but not in Europe.

225's will be fine on the standard wheels anyway though. I'll be doing that once my Conti's finally wear out.

I'm on 8j cup racer Speedlines, should have said, and yeah there is a tiny bit of tramlining but nothing to much that it bothers me.

If they did a 215 I'd def try them over the AD08Rs just for comparison purposes. I'm afraid they don't and 225 is a no for me.It's meant to be a brilliant tyre though, a bit noisy but brilliant. And considerably cheaper than Yokos

Ran the RE070 for about 12 months on my OEM Speedlines, great overall road tyre. Depending on your suspension setup you may find them a little too stiff in the sidewall.
AD08R are a better road/track tyre imo.

Last edited:
I have not had the RE070 so not sure on them but would have a punt on them if they were 215/45/17 fitment,The AD08R's are great worth the money IMO.

Ive got 215 conti's on 8j rims at the moment and the do stretch a little, will be putting 225 on next though. Thought about the Nankang ns2 r's as another option?

Similar Thread Suggestions