Advice - Bridgestone RE050A

I recently did a trackday at Anglesey in my 200 Cup, with Bridgestone RE050A tyres (standard size). Standard suspension, mental brake pads.

The weather was dry and actually quite warm.

While the tyres warmed up quickly and seemed to grip well, they seemed to go off after 6 or 7 laps. I could actually hear the rubber coming off the rear tyres and rattling around the arches (dirty big black marks on the rear bodywork too). I was pushing damned hard taking liberties.

What I wanted to ask was what to do with tyre pressures in future? I ran them at 32psi cold all round, I didn't check the hot pressures though.

Should they work longer than 6 laps? Or am I expecting too much from a road tyre?

U need set pressures when they are hot. They would been near or over 40 psi easily. No wonder was struggling for grip and going off

long as set tyres right they'll last, I run my previous Clios on conti sports all day with no issues

Last edited:
In my meg hand book it's said drop the pressure by the fronts were 2.3 bar went down to 2.0 bar if that helps [MENTION=2282]skiptontweed[/MENTION]

What hot pressure would you run the tyres at?

Id go out, do 6-7 hot laps.... Come in and check tyre temps with a gauage. Then drop the temps back down to standard reading. Go out again do another 6-8 hot laps and check them again.

If leave them go cold they could be like 28-29
psi for example but when get hot they'll just go too the recommeneded pressures.

Also you will find each tyre will be running be a different psi when hot depending on how the track is

Id go out, do 6-7 hot laps.... Come in and check tyre temps with a gauage. Then drop the temps back down to standard reading. Go out again do another 6-8 hot laps and check them again.

If leave them go cold they could be like 28-29
psi for example but when get hot they'll just go too the recommeneded pressures.

Also you will find each tyre will be running be a different psi when hot depending on how the track is

Seems straight forward enough, thanks.

Similar Thread Suggestions