Bridgestone RE070A

Fantastic tyre, been running them since late Feb though I'm just about to take them off for the winter (well swapping wheels), though they'll be going back on in the spring. I do around 800-1,000 miles a month and they seem to be lasting well too which is a pleasant surprise, but that's nearly all to and from work (quite spirited from on occasion) . Fantastic grip in the dry, good in the wet and average in cold wet conditions (though still better than the OE Continentals). I can't fault them at all in anyway.

Also I'm not sure if there's an A at the end (like the RE050A's).

Finally if you do want them you better be quick as Bridgestone have stopped making them.

Good to hear :smile:

i get slight tram lining with the Syrons now they're close to the marker.

There's plenty of stock around for them I think, not in a rush, just want tyres after these are done.

What are they; 8Mm tread new?

Yeah buddy, they're a good tyre. Not the best I've had.

They're perfect for the price, but the Bridgestones are actually cheaper and more tread I believe.

I've been running the Syrons at 31F and 28R pressure, that's the best I've had them handling etc, really planted on the ground. However, due to the temp drops, I've been struggling to get heat in them and pressure to increase due to the temp drops, so I've just gone 34F 32R, and I don't like it, they feel all or nothing, very light, then a sharp turn onto the outer slick part and it all becomes sharp, your constantly adjusting.

Theyd make a good track tyre, very good, but as a combination for road, with 5Mm tread from new, they're not intended for everyday use, 3K and I'm done on them almost.

So I'll just run the lower pressures and just take my time for a bit longer.

AD08's took longer to warm up

Last edited:
Might take a look at he bridgestones for the next choice then, or ad08s if funds allow :smile:

Last edited:
JFYI, the A at the end usually relates to the soft compound for the tyre.