What a waste of time!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Just got my handbook out to find out what bulb type I need for the number plate bulbs (W5W btw) and had a quick flick through the RS Clio additional handbook. In it, it says that to repair a puncture using the can of spray/foam stuff, you need 2 cans to do the job properly! So what's the point in only giving us 1? Idiots! Lol!

Then it refers to the jack and says that the jack should only be used for changing the wheels and not for making repairs etc, but we have no spare wheel, so it serves no purpose other than weighing the car down!

I might therefore remove the jack and other bits in the tool kit!

Anyone think that's daft and I should leave them in?

I am pretty sure my car has two cans?
Maybe you need to go and ask the dealer for a second one as they must have missed it.
Erm well i guess you may as well remove them if they are needed for the foam.
But i did think you werent meant to use the foam when it was jacked up?

I've got a jack, wheel brace and the towing eye. One can of repair stuff. Might take the jack out to save weight.

two cans in mine
you never know when you need it arran
leave it in couple pounds aint guna make no differance:thumbsup:

i blagged mine out a megane cc in the showroom ... but the 200 came with the already named "fancy wallet containing 2 cans"

Right, the jack is now hidden away in my bedroom! Lol! Bloody thing is going all rusty! Might buy a further can of tyre weld.

off subject number plate bulbs are 501s same as side lights, well mine am neway

I want a fancy wallet! Robbing ba****s! I suppose that's what you get for buying second hand.

Btw - I think the 501s and the W5W are the same Ryan. It said that on the ebay listing anyway, so hopefully they'll fit. Only a couple of quid anyway, so even if they don't it's no great loss!

I have two in a fancy wallet too. But I have a spare alloy wheel in the boot too :smile:

I have a jack, wrench, tow eye etc. but didn't have any foam or wallet. I now have one large can of tyre weld in the boot