200: if your looking to buy a clio, don't waste your time viewing this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/2/postcode/cw56aj/radius/1500?logcode=p

I went today and theres so much wrong with this;
firstly the setup looks so dodgy, located in a tatty large shed full of dusty cars he trying to flog in the back streets of birmingham.

Secondly the car dosent have half the spec mentioned on the advert, no cruise control, no keyless entry, push buttton start or heated door mirrors. It actually has had 2 owners not 1 like stated. And the guy didnt have a clue about the car.

The car its self was in poor condition, clearly hadnt been cleaned or driven in months as the tax ran out last november and it had many scratches on the pannels.

Just a warning dont waste your time unless the price is dropped significantly!

I am on the look out for a white clio 197/200 so if anyone knows of a decent car please let me know. thanks

F18 RAP......rap....... I'm surprised you got past the private plate tbh

Also a note on linking to Autotrader, it gives away your postcode :wink:

That's not a private plate tho, its a normal F plate. Just like mine is a normal 10 plate. :smile:

Last edited:
You should have known it wasn't going to have the spec listed, it's a cup.

Cups don't have the push button start, cruise control etc. doesn't make up for the rest of the car being crap though!

Cups don't have the push button start, cruise control etc. doesn't make up for the rest of the car being crap though!

I really confused of all the different packs and specs you can get. I've read the buyers guide several times.

So can you not get a fully kitted out clio with cc, ac, keyless entry ect.. AND the cup chasis, brembo brakes? I want everything!! see your point though.

Also is there a difference between the ''full fat'' pack and cup pack, and RS full pack? I see all these terms on different adverts. So they mean the same thing?

Did you not have a look at the R27 in LY he has for sale?

I know it sounds silly but I really want a white one haha Also its hard to get across how bad the place was he selling these cars from actually is. Its really off putting walking into an enviroment like that and be willing to put down 8k! Just didnt feel confortable there, it was a similar story with it being caked in dust as well..

hi, this is another cup. But again it seems to have all the features? Is this s way of trying to get people to view the cars or is it legit? Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on it thanks.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...renault-clio-16v-renault-sport-200-cup/953737

hi, this is another cup. But again it seems to have all the features? Is this s way of trying to get people to view the cars or is it legit? Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on it thanks.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...renault-clio-16v-renault-sport-200-cup/953737

Usual confusion of a car that has the "Cup Pack" and a car that is a "Cup", problem is made worse by dealers who don't know what they're selling.

Versions lower to 'higher' spec:
Cup
Full Fat
Full Fat + Cup Pack

You can easily tell from photos by the following:

A normal 'cup': black side rubbing strips, anthracite wheels, red brakes and the 'B' pillar is the colour of the car.

A full fat: colour coded side rubbing strips, silver brakes, the 'B' pillar has a black trim, silver alloys and fog lights.

A full fat with cup chassis: colour coded side rubbing strips, black trim on 'B' pillar, red brakes, anthracite alloys and fog lights.

Some car will have the optional Speedline wheels which will be white or black but the other things don't really change.

Last edited:
Easiest way to tell is;

Does it have a key?

YES, It's a CUP.

NO, It's an FF, if it then has red calipers it's an FF with CUP PACK*.

*Unless someone has painted them.

By the sounds of it it's the flashy website making it look like an upmarket place but when you get there its a backstreet garage.

I allways look on google earth for an idea.

Easiest way to tell is;

Does it have a key?

YES, It's a CUP.

NO, It's an FF, if it then has red calipers it's an FF with CUP PACK*.

*Unless someone has painted them.

By the sounds of it it's the flashy website making it look like an upmarket place but when you get there its a backstreet garage.

I allways look on google earth for an idea.

Isn't full fat used to describe a standard RS clio with the cup chassis? So ff + cup pack is like saying it has two cup packs?

Like a ff 182 is a standard 182 with the cup suspension pack (chassis, suspension, wheels) and the aero pack (splitter and spoiler)

Isn't full fat used to describe a standard RS clio with the cup chassis? So ff + cup pack is like saying it has two cup packs?

Like a ff 182 is a standard 182 with the cup suspension pack (chassis, suspension, wheels) and the aero pack (splitter and spoiler)

Not really, there are like two specs.

Cup and FF, the FF being heavier but then you can spec a cup pack on the FF.

The cup is a cup, lighter (slightly) allready has the cup pack and only has about four options, recaros, speedlines, aircon (not climate) and metalic paint. (197)

The main thing is that the cup has the key, not a key card so easier to tell which one.

Not really, there are like two specs.

Cup and FF, the FF being heavier but then you can spec a cup pack on the FF.

The cup is a cup, lighter (slightly) allready has the cup pack and only has about four options, recaros, speedlines, aircon (not climate) and metalic paint. (197)

It's the same as the 182

200 Cup
200 FF

Full Fat implies cup pack added