West Midlands Group

Tom

Platinum Member
Hi all,

I've noticed a few people on this forum are from the West Midlands - so I've made a group:

http://clio197.net/forum/group.php?groupid=19

I've noticed in general that there are a lot of 197's/200's around here and I think we should take advantage.

Over at ClioSport, they have a lot more GTG's and meets and I think we should too.

Join the WM group and let's do something to change this! I dunno about you lot, but I think it'd be pretty sweet to have a Midlands GTG sometime soon...

Tom.

I didn't notice that group, perhaps my new group is the way forward? :wink: We certainly need to be more proactive - aren't forums like this all about the meets and GTGs?

I didn't notice that group, perhaps my new group is the way forward? :wink: We certainly need to be more proactive - aren't forums like this all about the meets and GTGs?

Absolutey couldn't agree more.Arran organised quite a few.Bbut as you say we have new blood now so post away
I have asked the All Mighty Ones for a new Area Rep

Awesome! :smiley:

I've gone back through about 10 pages of the spotted forum inviting West Midlands-ers! :smile:

Thanks for joining Roy/webby! :smile:

Yes, the West Midlands needs a new Rep as I had to had back my title when the Clio went. I'm still very interested in having a meet with you guys though, some top people from around here too. Hopefully I will be organising another trip to Wales as I did before and during my time as the Rep.

It's quite difficult organising meets for a suitable time and what I found is that there a good few people who prefer to keep themselves to themselves. I love meets, but prefer driving meets rather than static, there's nothing like having a blast round some country lanes with like minded drivers.

A few people have already contacted me regarding this, so I', going to start looking in to the best dates towards the end of March.

I don't know if Mike has anyone in mind for the West Midlands rep or not just yet, but I would say that the best thing to do would be to express your interest in the title on the forum.

Sounds awesome. I think meets where people can bring friends is a good idea too as it can prevent a meet from being dead...

I agree, driving meets are a good idea IMO. Then finish at a pub or restaurant for a good reflection over a steak and ale pie? :wink: :tongueout:

Also - I've noticed that there are 13 members in the new group. That's awesome!

More members are very welcome, obviously.

As for area rep - I wouldn't mind. :wink:

I always like adding a few other cars in the mix. Makes it more interesting.

Yeah, it's nice to see ideas from other car nichés... You tend to see the same stuff day in, day out looking at Clio forums... Not complaining though.

No no, but the odd other vehicle is nice to compare to. I'll bring the MPS out to play with you guys one day!

Hmm, yes, very much so quicker! But the handling is probably not up to the same as the Clio, due to it being a bigger, heavier car. But it's very good, far more capable than I would ever need I would say. It's got some good little tricks too, like LSD, torque restrictions, etc. I think it's a great motor. Would be good to see how it compares to the 197 and 200s. Although I was always the most 'spirited' driver when we went to Wales in a group!

Hmm, yes, very much so quicker! But the handling is probably not up to the same as the Clio, due to it being a bigger, heavier car. But it's very good, far more capable than I would ever need I would say. It's got some good little tricks too, like LSD, torque restrictions, etc. I think it's a great motor. Would be good to see how it compares to the 197 and 200s. Although I was always the most 'spirited' driver when we went to Wales in a group!

Quicker Arran :rofl::rofl::rofl: when who's driving:eek::eek:

Prob is in straight line but not threw the twistys

Depends who's driving it though Roy! Lol! TBH, my mate kept up with us better than I thought in his MG ZS v6, I thought it might struggle, but it didn't. The MPS handles really well, they made some improvements over the mk 1 MPS in terms of the suspension and chassis. Been reading on the MPS forum that most say that if you like the looks of your car to be more 'subtle' and fast in a straight line, the mk 1 is better. The mk 2 out handles it and looks more 'fast'.

I certainly think it handles well, but need to take it round the Welsh roads to compare it to how the Clio felt, which was amazing! Clio 197 + Wales = :cloud9:

But MPS + most other times = :thumbup:

So is everyone up for Wales towards the end of March?

Sounds awesome! I was gonna say - I didn't think it was quicker, but most of my car stat knowledge is from parkers lol. I guess yours wasn't on the list haha:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/mazda/3/hatchback-2009/

Na, MPS isn't on there. It's 6.1 claimed 0-62mph. 155mph top end. So on paper it's quicker by 0.8 secs 0-62mph. 21mph top end. Which in real terms, isn't going to be very helpful, but the extra 0.3cc and the turbo helps in gear pull.

I have been driving a 1.6 TS today, my god I don't miss having no power! It reminded me of my 1.2 16v Clio Campus Sport. In fact, I think it felt slower! Ha ha! Shocked at how good the equipment level was though!

I'd be up for wales. :smile: it's be great to meet some people and put some names to faces. It'd also be cool to check out that Mazda of yours. :tongueout: