weight saving

as said, standard fuel tank when empty is very light. you would save more weight just doing a track day without a full tank tbh

So the tank is plastic - I had not been underneath to check.

Thanks for advice.

Has anyone else experienced the reserve issue as per Raptor?

cars always feel faster with more fuel in. not sure whether its an actual proven fact or just a feeling.

That's not correct!

Believe me - I tried out every combination there is.

Clio 197 is fastest when on 1/3.

When full it's slower by 0,5-1 length of a car. When my girlfriend is in the car I'm slower by 1-1,5 lenghts - she is 49-51kg.

The best thing is - try to scrape some weight of your car like Kevo & Arun did.

I always wanted to do that - but I want to keep the everyday usability. Have to keep the rear seats & the fronts too.

Last edited:
cars always feel faster with more fuel in. not sure whether its an actual proven fact or just a feeling.

Well you can alter the weight of a car with the fuel!

1 litre of juice is 0.73kg

From some source i think the Clio tank is 55l?

So fully loaded thats 40.15kg of fuel, so running a quater of a tank is just over 10kg, so its definately a "mental" thing :smile:

Also make yourself light weight! I once saw a report about a 24stone chap was getting 0.5sec less on a quater mile than some whippet that weighed half as much! (Using the same car) :w00t:

When full it's slower by 0,5-1 length of a car. When my girlfriend is in the car I'm slower by 1-1,5 lenghts - she is 49-51kg.

You girly should loose some weight m8 :-p tell her the car can't cope with her weight and it's not fast with her inside :biggrin::-p

ps. don't tell her this. Don't wanna get a slap the first time we meet :biggrin:

You girly should loose some weight m8 :-p tell her the car can't cope with her weight and it's not fast with her inside :biggrin::-p

:biggrin: Every time we go street racing I tell her to "make a dump" - that's 0,5kg for sure. :biggrin:

i'm having 2 rear 1/4 ones, and 2 door ones in a couple of weeks!!! as for the rear, i'm sticking with the heated untill i atleast get an SVA. after that i may get a placcy one!