200: *WARNING* to all 200 owners! Everyone should read

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute joke! Sorry to hear this mate, I was told the same about my gearbox. Just needed an oil change apparently. Bollox!

Hope you have better luck, don't let them fob you off!!

I'd start finding names for the Renault MD and firing emails his way. People do it in my company and normally those customers get an instant response.

I had similar issues with Renault this year with my wiring fault, faulty gear box and cracked manifold. Ignorance is bliss to them and they really don't care about customer service. It was less than pathetic.

I would never buy a Renault again after the horror stories I read and my own personal dealings.

I really feel for you Gez, I really do.

Jesus [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] I expected it to be some mass market garage.

I'd ask for the part with the "stone" dent. When you have it tell them you are having it sent for forensic tests for traces of said "stone" and ask an answer of what will happen when there is no trace of "stone" present.

Just make sure you have the part first.

Jesus [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION]

I'd ask for the part with the "stone" dent. When you have it tell them you are having it sent for forensic tests for traces of said "stone" and ask an answer of what will happen when there is no trace of "stone" present.

Just make sure you have the part first.

Very good idea, will be traces of whatever caused said dent.

My opinion on renault and their after sales is shocking , most of their staff seem to be untrained morons and come up with silly things like renault only replace broken things not faulty or your indicator stalk is tight going right because your pushing up against gravity , I worked with cars since I was 15 and I've never heard so much rubbish from renault service personnel in all my life , I complained about rattling wires in my a pullers and the garage says they all do that and when I asked them to put in some foam they said no , how can that be good customer service
hope you get things sorted best thing you can do is get car from garage and get a independent garage to fit a new engine it's going to be cheaper in the long run
Personally I will never buy a renault again for the rest of the days I live
cheers Don ross

Sorry to hear this mate. Keep on at them and fire off as many emails as you can including to trading standards. Especially that they're claiming a stone caused mass destruction in an engine. JOKE.

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] I will do :smile:

ive been holding off until now they've pushed me into a corner.

The ferret, watch dog and 'don't get done, get Dom' will be having emails. They all thrive off this stuff from companies

Lol.. Don't get done, get Dom.. id love to see the pint sized bruiser walk into Renault HQ with the supposed stone and bash some heads

Not good mate. I've had issues with Renault customer service in the dealership in the past with regard to an issue with a seat belt however that guy is no longer in customer service. Most recently however I was dealing with Eddie from this site and he was excellent indeed. So good in fact I put a post up about it!

Hope you get something sorted ASAP. And email watchdog as [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] said. Can't hurt.

I'll keep you all updated as this progresses.

Fred@BTM is like a guru and he's been amazing for advice off.

Problem with Fred is Renault won't listen to him. I bet he sees more RS's in a month than most dealers in a year.

Bloke is a total ledg

Head rebuild, new a/c and new belts....

In solid Gold hopefully! Lol.

Ill be adding all the pictures shortly, inc the costs breakdown sheet

Head rebuild, new a/c and new belts....

In solid Gold hopefully! Lol.

WHAT! I though they were fitting a total new engine! Even a recon engine won't be that surly?

I just imagine the bill.

30 x 40mm screws
24 x 35mm bolts
18 x 75mm self tapping screws

Blah, blah, blah

On that you should get 3 prices, rebuild, reconditioned and new

Perhaps [MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] can tell you how much a recon engine and new engine would be from Renault.

At 5k it would be cheaper to meg

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed down the phone when they read the price out to me..

I stated that I have no intentions of paying that, that's why it'll be going to court, to pursue why a car that's just 2 years old and way under the mileage warranty has a bill of 5.5K lurking over it.

I'd Imagine a new engine from Renault would be horrendously expensive. I priced up some meg 250 Rods and pistons and they came out at over £2k.

This could be another car that gets megged :wink:

I can't imagine paying the price of a Megane 275 and something like this happening, £30K + car and Renault could do this also, think all people buying any brand Renault should read this

Status
Not open for further replies.