VW Polo BlueGT

Erm no, more like a mini golf r

Large%20Image.jpg

1.jpg

Lovely car and knowing VW build quality it wont give you any trouble. But if it does from experience I know the bills will be big, but then I guess thats no different from a Clio.

You just need to decide do you want practicality over fun?

Yep, correct.
I think that is how i would say, risky to buy brand new vw technology. That ACT engine. I really dont know what kind of typical fault it will have. Then again, DSG is not the worlds strongest gearbox.
Polo is really more refined than 197, but 197 seats are much better. Fuel economony is BIG + for polo, but in the other side of the coin that price dropping for 25k car vs 13k car is huge. I am pretty sure it will drop something like 10k for 3 years easy. Maybe my clio will drop 4k for 3 years.

And i have to say this, i have had my 197 now 1,5 years and it has been pretty much trouble free driving. Something like £700 for service total. (including new front brakes, cambelt&waterpump, spark plugs and normal service. Do i have good unit? :wink:

I some way really like 197, but then in the same time i hate because it revs so much in the highway (okay, i live in little town and i dont drive in highways so often).+ side of the 197 is funky looks, pretty rare car here (under 10 in the country).. It is really fast in my opinion in the b-roads and the steering with summer tyres is so damn good.. :smile:

Last evening i had pretty much sleepless night because i thought this in many aspect. I am so 50/50% for going to order or not. Difficult.

Conclusion: I am now 31 years old, do i really want to go to grandpa club with more refined, quiet and automatic little car.. or just keep bit maniac 197 and enjoy.

small.jpg

small.jpg

Last edited:
As soon as it warms up and the roads dry you'll be so happy to have the Clio.
This time of year when there's snow and ice isn't fun to own a Clio because you can't drive it like it supposed to be driven.
You've got to pootle along like a grandpa. That's probably why you want a relaxed car like the Polo.

Keep the Clio, you'll be kicking yourself in the summer when you try to push the Polo to it's limits. No where near as fun and rewarding as a Clio. Plus DSG can be annoying and detach you from the driving experience.

Thanks :smile: In financial view it is good to keep clio too.
I would have to pay 25.000€ cash for polo, and if i do change deal , clio197+15300€ cash. Now i am sort of interested about to invest some special plates for 197.
How much special registration costs in UK? Here it is 900€ and it is then just for that car and you cannot sell those plates or anything.

Personal registration start at around £300 here though can easily cost upwards of £1,500. All depends on the registration and the buyer. They can be transfered as many times as you like though.

Personal registration start at around £300 here though can easily cost upwards of £1,500. All depends on the registration and the buyer. They can be transfered as many times as you like though.

Interesting.. i cannot understand how it depends in person who is buying it? :blush:
I have been thinking RS-197 plate ; )

What I mean is how much they are willing to pay and if you know the seller. I know the registration my friend has he bought for around half of what the reg was advertised for as he knew the seller.

Okay.. i see, we have to buy special registrations from goverment agency "trafi"..
Here you cannot buy registrations directly from private person.