VW Polo BlueGT

Antti O

Gold Member
What do you think? I think it is very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk7BjxSJbA0

I took testdrive yesterday, car was equipped with 7 speed double clutch gearbox. It has 1.4 direct injected turbo engine with 140bhp.. (0-100kmh 7,90sec), and fuel economy is 70mpg in highway. I am really serious considering if i make order and sell 197.

small

small

small

small

Basically i am little bit bored to track days and maybe i look for little bit more comfortable dailydriver which is economical too. Clio has been reliable and good car and i am sure next owner will get nice motor :smile:

The ad is showing in English on my phone (HTC One X+).

€13,500?? I think I need to sell mine in Finland when it comes time. That's close to £11,350 for a 2007 197. How much is that Polo?? Must be crazy money. It does look like a very nice car though.

The ad is showing in English on my phone (HTC One X+).

€13,500?? I think I need to sell mine in Finland when it comes time. That's close to £11,350 for a 2007 197. How much is that Polo?? Must be crazy money. It does look like a very nice car though.

Clio cost 2007 35000€ / 27 639,58 GBP here including metallic paint & folding mirrors.
Polo list price is 27000€ / 21 321,96 GBP including options and dsg gearbox.

clio 197 is very very rare car here, i think here was something like 10 sold total and 2-3 has been crashed and are in breakers.
I dont know if 13500€ is too much, it is so new and low mileage.

Clio cost 2007 35000€

That is a LOT of money for a Clio. That's basically £29,400 or around £12,000 more than here in the UK. I can see why they are so rare at that price. Finish tax must be really high on new cars.

Good luck with the sale, somebody will be getting a proper rare car in you country.

That is a LOT of money for a Clio. That's basically £29,400 or around £12,000 more than here in the UK. I can see why they are so rare at that price. Finish tax must be really high on new cars.

Good luck with the sale, somebody will be getting a proper rare car in you country.

I know that is lot of money. Finnish goverment put taxes for cars depending c02 emissions. That is one reason because blue gt is "cheap" here.
No any calls or email yet, car has been 3 days for sale. :glare:

just realised this is the active cylinder system....still 70mpg dont think it can do that in "real" life :001_rolleyes:

just realised this is the active cylinder system....still 70mpg dont think it can do that in "real" life :001_rolleyes:

In my personal test drive trip computer show 58 MPG when i cruised stable 90kmh with cruise control (open road). It was -12c and it was running full 4 cylinders. I think that is pretty good result, i suppose in summer with 2 cylinders it will go with less fuel. And that is much much better than 197 clios 35mpg in same road and speed..
I have to decide in friday.. this is so difficult.

In my personal test drive trip computer show 58 MPG when i cruised stable 90kmh with cruise control (open road). It was -12c and it was running full 4 cylinders. I think that is pretty good result, i suppose in summer with 2 cylinders it will go with less fuel. And that is much much better than 197 clios 35mpg in same road and speed..
I have to decide in friday.. this is so difficult.

there is no doubt that it will be far better on fuel than the 197 but i wouldnt base life costs on 70mpg - i think it would be better to assume mid 40 mpg figures

only you can decide :cloud9:

Looks awesome, love the headlights vw are using atm. However i dont think the polo suits 5 door, and the interior doesnt match the high class looks of the outside

Lovely car and knowing VW build quality it wont give you any trouble. But if it does from experience I know the bills will be big, but then I guess thats no different from a Clio.

You just need to decide do you want practicality over fun?