Vibration and steering "wobble".

Need some thoughts please,

Having an issue with Vibration through the steering wheel. I can feel minor vibration when driving normally however when I get the car up to about 60-65mph the steering wheel starts to wobble. The wobble may go away at about 80-85mph :wink: , however I can still feel some vibration.

The wobble is speed sensitive, meaning it's present even when I let off the throttle - i.e. get up to 70 and then let off, wobble still there. It's also still there if I dip the clutch so I presume I can rule out driveshafts?

There's also no wobble/vibration as a result of braking.

Things I've had checked/done recently:
- All 4 wheels balanced
- Just had the OSF balljoint changed (wobble was there before it was done however it has definitely got worse since changed, oddly enough)
- Hunter alignment done on Wednesday and then re-checked once I realised I had the issue - all spot on.

I'm going to get the wheels swapped back to front to rule out tyres - though these have been on the car less than a year and only done around 6kmiles.

Anyone had a similar issue to point me in the right direction before I get it looked at again?

My car virtually lives with Mick at Diamond Motors at the minute and looks like it'll go back again (if you read this Mick, sorry I'm coming to pester you some more!) - the joy of owning a RenaultSport.

Cheers

i have this problem nearly every 3months? my wheel balancing seems to cock up everytime and i have to have them done again

Had this once before after new tyres and they never balanced wheels correctly took it back they apparently re done it still the same took it elsewhere and re balanced and was gone !

I'd probably go with track rod end's if you got vibration. Take it to a mechanic and get it up on a ramp to eliminate any warn ball joints etc

Its definately wheel balancing, ive also had these, had some new tyres and it was gone

Thanks for the replies guys.

Had the wheels balanced twice and tried swapping wheels back to front - didn't work.

More recently it's started pulling to the right when accelerating and it feels like I'm driving over one of those cow grids in the road whenever you drive over a bumpy surface. Went over one of those sections approaching a roundabout where they have raised lines equal distance apart (can't remember the name for them) and it felt like a wheel was going to fall off. It feels as though it's all over the place - bad times.

It's booked in with Mick at Diamond on 3rd March so is being looked at.

Also tonight it's started clunking when putting it in reverse. Can't take much more of this tbh...may be the final nail in it's coffin.