Steering Wheel Vibration Under Braking

Jamz72

Paid Member
Hi guys,

I have been having some vibration though my steering wheel under braking for a few weeks now and as the Brecon Beacons run is coming up on the 13th and a potential Bedford track day on the 21st I figured I should probably get them sorted!

I just assumed that one of the front discs had warped (even though I have been very careful with cooling them down after driving hard) but after reading this I'm thinking that it may possibly be pad deposits on the disc:
(warped brake disc myth)

If I get time I hope to strip my brakes down tonight and have a look, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to see anything that helps. I could buy new discs if required for £80 (link) but don't really want to buy new pads as I have DS2500s and they are not cheap :worried:

Any advise would be much appreciated :smile:

James

Last edited:
10, 60-20mph hard breaking stints followed by 20minutes of driving to let them fully cool, should remove the deposits. £80 discs ,genuine Renault can be had for £25 more, from your dealer as long as you get them to discount to there max. As I say to them, do you want a little profit or no profit.

Hey mate, yeah I tried something similar on the way home from work, did a couple of 70mph down to about 30mph braking events with the brakes as cold as possible (according the the article in my above post this is the best time to do it). Seemed to have improved them significantly :smile: will be able to see for sure on the way to work in the morning.

What's the difference between the discs I posted and the Renault ones? Are the ones I posted not the same or even better?

If you become a paid member then we have a OEM trader that will get you a very good deal on parts, discs included.

and also after market suppliers, for discounts on ds2500's.