Steering Wheel spacer/extension

jimmybell

Paid Member

Anyone used one of these?

6cm seems like a lot, given you then have to really reach for the stalks?
Also 245euros sounds a lot to me? maybe it isn't.

I always notice i'm at full reach for the top of the wheel when properly harnessed in and don't love that feeling. I have a spacer kit to drop the rack a few CM but i think that just solves the angle more than actually shortening the reach.

Spacershop.com-OEM-boss-kit-for-Renault-Clio-3-and-Megane-2.jpg
spacershop-driving-position-upgrade-kit-for-renault-clio-197-203.jpg

I'm in the same situation with the Megane, and these are an option.
I really like the idea of it, but think they look horrific........ so i know i'm almost definitely gonna end up going down the route of getting a Sabelt or OMP wheel with an extension

Reactions: jimmybell
in my head i had removing airbag as something that would make it no longer road legal (read: MOT fail) so was holding off on the aftermarket wheels - though i've never actually researched that, that and i don't like how most of them look/feel.

agreed the above would be better if it was only 3cm, or the entire cowling was extended rather than just the wheel itself

I realised the other day that you can actually adjust the length of the cup ‘fixed’ steering column by unscrewing 3 bolts however it might be that it only gets shorter (need to check) so this probably doesn’t help.

Adjusting the angle does make it closer but probably more like 1cm.

Mine passed the MOT with no airbag because Alex kindly coded the lights out. I got a dished wheel as I like the wheel a bit closer than the standard column adjustment could give me.332467757_226356013288670_2823228301121173163_n.jpg