Urgent Help Needed - Check Emissions

matt9566

Paid Member
Hi everyone,

I'm currently away in Windermere, car has been faultless all the way here, just had a recent service last week so all ok there.

We've just had one last drive in to the town before we head home and on the way the check emissions light, the spanner and engine management light has come on...

Have turned the car off and on again and it's still on. Does anyone know what might be the problem ? And if I'll be ok to drive home..

I have now got the Akra on but I've never heard of them causing any problems and it's been on a while now. Have had a quick search but I'm in a bit a of a panic as we're heading home in the next hour or two.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi Matt, sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with the car. You've probably already set off for home now, or even got home (if so, hope the car got you back ok...), I did a quick search on the forum and came up with a couple of threads that may shed a bit of light:

http://clio197.net/threads/crankshaft-sensor-197.54909/#post-612394 - crankshaft sensor

http://clio197.net/threads/engine-management-light.54878/#post-611957 - camshaft sensor

Other threads seem to suggest a lambda sensor could be the cause of it. In each case, the person has had a code reader plugged in to find out. A couple of posts suggest they've driven around with the lights on...

I hope that at least helps a little bit, Matt. Sounds like best course of action is to get it into a garage to have any fault codes read. Keep us updated, I hope everything will go ok.

Hi Matt, sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with the car. You've probably already set off for home now, or even got home (if so, hope the car got you back ok...), I did a quick search on the forum and came up with a couple of threads that may shed a bit of light:

http://clio197.net/threads/crankshaft-sensor-197.54909/#post-612394 - crankshaft sensor

http://clio197.net/threads/engine-management-light.54878/#post-611957 - camshaft sensor

Other threads seem to suggest a lambda sensor could be the cause of it. In each case, the person has had a code reader plugged in to find out. A couple of posts suggest they've driven around with the lights on...

I hope that at least helps a little bit, Matt. Sounds like best course of action is to get it into a garage to have any fault codes read. Keep us updated, I hope everything will go ok.

Happy to be writing that we're home all safe and sound, I didn't have much choice but to set off home and just hope for the best, I have breakdown cover if I ever needed it. If I'm honest the car has run perfectly and hasn't missed a beat all the way home so I'm hoping it isn't nothing too major.

Thanks for the links, I knew there would be plenty of info on here but I was in a little bit of a panic at the time and was literally heading for lunch then setting off home.

I will call in to see my mechanic this week and get him to plug his code reader in and see what the issue is as I like to get them sorted straight away before they become a bigger problem. I'm hoping it's nothing serious as I've not really got the spare cash at the moment.

Thank you for your time Jimmy it's really appreciated.

Have you put really shitty fuel in it?

Just had this come up on ours and I swear it was poor fuel. Sadly we didn't have an option. On the list to get checked out this week hopefully. Luckily, we don't need to drive the car.

Hope you get it sorted ok.

Happy to be writing that we're home all safe and sound, I didn't have much choice but to set off home and just hope for the best, I have breakdown cover if I ever needed it. If I'm honest the car has run perfectly and hasn't missed a beat all the way home so I'm hoping it isn't nothing too major.

Thanks for the links, I knew there would be plenty of info on here but I was in a little bit of a panic at the time and was literally heading for lunch then setting off home.

I will call in to see my mechanic this week and get him to plug his code reader in and see what the issue is as I like to get them sorted straight away before they become a bigger problem. I'm hoping it's nothing serious as I've not really got the spare cash at the moment.

Thank you for your time Jimmy it's really appreciated.

I figured you'd be short on time, so I thought I'd search for those links for you - they may not end up being relevant, but perhaps it's something to go on. Really glad you got home ok, that's the main thing. Hope you get it sorted with the mechanic and it's nothing too troublesome.