Brembo Pins / Drift Tool - urgent help needed

Hi guys. I'm going to get my dad to make me a drift tool for removal of the Brembo brake pins.

One minor issue, without removing I can't measure them properly.

Specifically interested in diameter of "head" that sits on inside face and tail that you can see poking out when looking through wheels. Also if anyone has measurement of cone tip that would be amazing.

Million thanks in advance.

Hi mate, i did my pads on my car last week, my oads had been in for 3 years!!! I got 1 pin out hitting them mate and drilled the other 3 out took about 1 1/2 hours so i would advise drilling them out. :smile:

I made some of these, I used an 8mm round bar I ground one end taperd down to 4mm then drilled a 2mm dimple in the end of it, it's brilliant for getting the pins started as it won't slip and chip the caliper paint, then a normal pin punch to tap them the rest of the way

Wouldn't advise drilling them out tbh, the aluminium calliper is softer than the pin so I high possibility of slipping off the pin and into the calliper, potentially making the pin location hole oval or larger

Mine was so seized that you couldn't say where is pin and where caliper... But you always can try with pliers...

Wouldn't advise drilling them out tbh, the aluminium calliper is softer than the pin so I high possibility of slipping off the pin and into the calliper, potentially making the pin location hole oval or larger

I would only drill the hole if confident of doin so!! I drilled them out no probs, but having been a mechanic for 16 year do this kind of stuff regularly and with the proper equipment. :smile:

Once you get them out replace them with a decent set of after market pins. They come out fairly easy then.