Urgent help needed!

Hey guys,

Its been a while since i posted but ive been a little busy with work. However now i need your help.

My clio 200 has broken down and i need to figure out whats wrong. Heres the story.......

Coming back from edinburgh last night i was coming down the A701, Just entered dumfries and pulled into a tesco's extra (ESSO) fuel station. Stopped the car got out and filled her full of fuel. I must add at this point i was thrashing her a little down the A701 but nothing more than usual. Anyways once i filled her up i went inside to pay. When i got back in the car i went to start her as normal. NOTHING!!! I pushed the button.....the ignition came on but it didnt even try to tick over. It was like she just gave up. I checked all the lights to see if they all went out and they did so there was nothing imediately wrong. I tried a few more times but still nothing. I also noticed when i turned the ignition off the steering column did not lock. This also came up with a written warning on the dash. I had to roll the car off the pumps and call renault assist. The AA came out and had a look. Couldnt find anything from, Disconnected the batt to restart the system and still nothing. In the end i got towed down the road. I managed to bump start it and then get my ass back home as i had some shop stock in the boot so couldnt get to a renault dealer. Now its home still nothing. Its like the lights and everything are coming on but theres no life in her at all.

Any ideas what it could be?

Heres a break down of the symptoms......

Car wont turn over or even try to spark the plugs.
No warning lights on dash
Steering column wont lock when ignition is off
Sometimes when you lock the door a constant noise occurs from one of the speakers.

Any helps would be much appreciated.

Cheers everyone

Long shot - is it a ff 200 ?

If yes - try putting the key in the key holder rather than leaving it in your pocket.

and /or try the other keycard.

Yes it is mate

Ive tried both.....Nothing seems to be working. Its like its half way to starting the car but not lol

Sounds like one for Renault :worried:.

Immobiliser problem would be my guess.

You did understand what I meant about putting the card in it's reader (just underneath the start button etc) - took me a while to realise the key card could be placed "in" the car !

Try starting it with the clutch depressed rather than the brake.

The steering lock needs to be engaged to initiate the starting sequence so give your steering wheel a wobble.

Oh and I wouldn't try jump starting it again!

Ok im guessing your not supposed to jump start them then

Ive tried both clutch and brake and still nothing

Steering lock engages but only on some occasions. Even if i wobble the steering, it wont engage.

got the AA coming out again today

Sounds similar to "my clio wont start" thread it was 1 of the main engine fuses that had blown. Have a look at the thread.

got it into Arnold clark last week, finally found out what it is......Start motor has gone!!

They've ordered one and its gonna take 7-10 working days to get one in!

Im so not happy about this.......

Thats ridiculous that two have gone in the space of a week! Not heard of it before!

I hope you can get it resolved quicker than that! I would be giving them a hurry up if Matt has his sorted in 24hrs!

exactly they got me 1 in within 24hrs . . . lookers in stockport.

arnold clark are normally pretty poo tbh.