Unleaded vs Super Unleaded

Tesco Premium is £1.17 in Northampton. Sainsbury's is £1.15 and BP is £1.20. The fuel in MK has gone up a lot lately so I don't use it at all.

Paid £1.20 For V Power in Broxbourne at the weekend

What octane rating is V Power? Anyone know?

i havent run my car on anything other than morrisons fuel the past year but just made the swap the other day, seems to be drinking a little more but also pulls better from 3K, will see what happens over the next few weeks

I always use Tesco Momentum 99 - car seems to like it and there isn't a shell that's close enough for me to consider using all the time, I'd have to go out of my way (drive past a Tesco) to get to my local shell garage.
Would really like to give the car a go on V-Power but I've tried it before and I only end up back at Tesco cos I can't be bothered driving to Shell

Can't say I've noticed a huge difference in performance or MPG when I switch to super and I've tried it for a good few tanks.

I think for people who might have a dirty fuel system such as deposits on the injectors them super unleaded 'might' help with cleaning them and help restore lost power.

we have here 95Octane -98Octane and diesel .
our cars can run 95 and 98 i use the higher one.(tbh i dont think there is much difference between them for our specific cars)
usually high compression ratio engines (like the 172) and some turbo cars (especially mapped ones) will MUST the better octane and can not run properly on other options

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxspeed
we have here 95Octane -98Octane and diesel .
our cars can run 95 and 98 i use the higher one.(tbh i dont think there is much difference between them for our specific cars)
usually high compression ratio engines (like the 172) and some turbo cars (especially mapped ones) will MUST the better octane and can not run properly on other options
i recently found some info about our cars .
so i might be wrong about the marked sentence -continue at : http://www.clio197.net/threads/specs-of-clio-cup.18404/#post-601440
post 5#
Sorry about that

Last edited:
I usually use V-Power, I thought it was 99 octane but seems only 98.

Suppose I'll start filling up with Momentum now.

V-Power was 127.9 the other day when I filled up, scandalous!

I think it's all bollox. used normal diesel in my van, did 46.7 Mpg. used the expensive stuff for a week, did 46.5. used van for a week in eco mode, bloody painful I might add, did 45.4.

I think it's all bollox. used normal diesel in my van, did 46.7 Mpg. used the expensive stuff for a week, did 46.5. used van for a week in eco mode, bloody painful I might add, did 45.4.
Not exactly fair comparing the effects from a diesel van to a highly strung N/A petrol.

Not exactly fair comparing the effects from a diesel van to a highly strung N/A petrol.
All Renault's are highly strung! but I get you're point. although the fuel giants claim the same sort of results for all sorts of fuel so vaguely still on thread

Reactions: DS197
so after a few tanks now of Vpower i have noticed a small difference, i havent run the car on it since i bought it last august but seems to pull slightly better from 3k and fuel economy seems very slightly better. plus my new itg panel filter and I'm happy ha

I have the option to use both Shell & Tesco, i use tesco at the moment, is it worth swapping to Shell?

I have always used Vpower, but recently I have started to use Tesco Momentum. Haven't noticed any difference between the two, but Tesco is a fair bit cheaper.

I always use a super unleaded though, I like to treat my car to the finer things in life :wink:

I have the option to use both Shell & Tesco, i use tesco at the moment, is it worth swapping to Shell?

I've always used Tesco Momentum because the price was a lot better on the Momentum however I went to my local Tesco last week and i'm sure I paid about 117.9 (used to be about 111.9) and Vpower is only 123.9 at my local station so chucked £50 in yesterday and will run it on Vpower for a while and see how I get on.

I've always used Tesco Momentum because the price was a lot better on the Momentum however I went to my local Tesco last week and i'm sure I paid about 117.9 (used to be about 111.9) and Vpower is only 123.9 at my local station so chucked £50 in yesterday and will run it on Vpower for a while and see how I get on.

I am going to check the price of V power next time i drive past as my local tesco is also slowly putting there prices up