Ultra Red 200 Cup FF

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
I thought I would put a thread up on my latest Renaultsport! After a brief fling, of around 16 months, with a Megane 265 Cup I'm back in a Clio. The Megane was a superb car, fantastic all round and a real great car for track use but with moving jobs and enjoying the benefits of a company car it was silly to have all the money tied up in it.

Having owned a 197 for the guys of 5 years and always saying I would own another Renaultsport Clio I just had to get one to replace the Megane. This particular car I know very well. It was always looked after service wise by myself when I worked for Renault and with the strong service history, including recent timing belt and water pump change along with discs and pads all round it was always going to be very hard to look past. I went and viewed the car a couple of weekends agoto make sure it was as I remembered it and a deal was done there and then.

Some photos of the car when I picked it up;

bc1a2ef49100f5804ffb9b8b846aab4a.jpg

5d38e7d61fc51c244ee57f6e7e033866.jpg

52094dbb9412a6537fcc01cce484aa0c.jpg

aa2b6ede20dc9bddae9a9229c3a5125c.jpg

f652504ed4e5fec89290ceac7002002f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So since I got the car I've been slowly but surely gathering up parts for it. I got a good look round the car the day I bought it and decided I wanted to change a few things just to freshen it up a bit.

The Clio 3 has a common flaw with the seal between the door and the rear window, pretty much every one of them on the road will have the seals split so I ordered up a replacement pair;

496eebf3a1d929501c59b7f7729b5625.jpg

Next up I wanted to keep the red/black theme on the outside so I wanted to replace the door bullets and door handles. I have the bullets ordered but luckily a chap on the forum was selling a freshly painted pair of black door handles so I snapped them up;

779c93bae828068fb8ba7a4d93e73910.jpg

The old gearknob was showing signs of wear and I always preferred the Renaultsport gearknob which the Megane had. A friend had recently changed his Megane so I picked this up;

d8c08d5020c35197e36d136940379aa7.jpg

Finally in a bizarre way I managed to pick up a set of genuine R26r/Clio Raider wheels. A guy on the Renaultsport forum had recently bought a Megane Trophy R and was after a spare set of Turini wheels for trackdays. Having only bought a set in February for my Megane I was happy to sell them, until he mentioned that he was selling a spare set of R26r wheels. With the stud pattern being correct and the Turinis being 5x114.3 instead of 5x108, along with being 19inch I was more than happy to swap. I also managed to get a fair chunk of cash my way which will be put towards an exhaust. Wheels have R888's fitted and are currently red but will be returned gloss black in the coming days;

37a18852739ec36089d396dfdb295443.jpg

That's it for now!

Great start Eddie. To be fair looks a great base to work from :smile:

Looking forward to seeing your personal touches on the new beast.......

Lovely looking car Eddie, and some tasty upgrades already! Great to see you back in a Clio, and back on the forum :wink:

Hard to beat freshly refinished wheels......... :smile:

And those look particularly fantastic ! Going to look great once on.

So the question begs: WHEN !!!! ????

Reactions: -Eddie-
Looking good Eddie. Envious of the wheels, but I need mine in red!

Cheers John! Red wheels would look epic on yours especially with the decals!

Hard to beat freshly refinished wheels......... :smile:

And those look particularly fantastic ! Going to look great once on.

So the question begs: WHEN !!!! ????

Yeah I like freshly painted wheels too :smile:. I need to get tyres fitted to these then I with use some Gtechniq C5 to seal them. I'll probably put them on once I had decided on springs/coilovers and have it all done at once :smile:.

Wheels look great!

C5 on ours and it's amazing stuff. Been on the car months and I've not needed to use any special wheel products on them. Foam, rinse, awesome.

Reactions: -Eddie-
Today I had the black door handles fitted to the car. They tie in well with the black wing mirrors and wheels, really pleased with how they look on the car!

I've also ordered some replacement door bullets which I'm hoping will arrive within the next couple of weeks so I can complete the look :smile:

cb396bbd3deba849bfeadbe72c2c27d9.jpg

I still need to get right of the awful mud flaps but really need to remove the wheels to get at the screws which fix them on - that's next weeks job!

Today I had the black door handles fitted to the car. They tie in well with the black wing mirrors and wheels, really pleased with how they look on the car!

I've also ordered some replacement door bullets which I'm hoping will arrive within the next couple of weeks so I can complete the look :smile:

cb396bbd3deba849bfeadbe72c2c27d9.jpg

I still need to get right of the awful mud flaps but really need to remove the wheels to get at the screws which fix them on - that's next weeks job!

Looks great Eddie. You came across those handles at just the right time ! Are you going further with the Black theme....or is this 'it' ?

**I'm 'thinking' of getting some black door strips for mine to kinda continue the theme [Black wheels, bumper, diffuser, badges]. I don't want to appear to be doing the whole 'Cup wannabee' with them though; and i also want to keep my silver handles, exhaust trims, bullets etc to have some contrast.

Some go everything black. I'd just like to go a little further. I think.

You ?

Looks great Eddie. You came across those handles at just the right time ! Are you going further with the Black theme....or is this 'it' ?

**I'm 'thinking' of getting some black door strips for mine to kinda continue the theme [Black wheels, bumper, diffuser, badges]. I don't want to appear to be doing the whole 'Cup wannabee' with them though; and i also want to keep my silver handles, exhaust trims, bullets etc to have some contrast.

Some go everything black. I'd just like to go a little further. I think.

You ?

Thanks! :smile:

I'll not be getting the door mouldings done black. The only thing I'll be changing is the door bullets :smile:. I'll be keeping the badges chrome and the exhaust trims (unless I ever take the plunge on an Akra again!).
I'm even thinking of removing the window tints, again they where applied by the previous owner and are too dark for my liking. I prefer a light tint personally!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks! :smile:

I'll not be getting the door mouldings done black. The only thing I'll be changing is the door bullets :smile:. I'll be keeping the badges chrome and the exhaust trims (unless I ever take the plunge on an Akra again!).
I'm even thinking of removing the window tints, again they where applied by the previous owner and are too dark for my liking. I prefer a light tint personally!

Will look great im sure. Carbon bullets ??

Quite 'severe' the tinting at the rear i agree. Caught my eye right away !

Only a case of gently warming with a hairdryer and peeling off isnt it ?