Ultimate Red 197

Picking my cup spoiler back up tomorrow from body shop. Week late but not too bothered as he always does me favours and does them cheap for me.

No huge updates ... Changed my ariel for a mazda mp3 stubby one. Signal is still totally fine and it was only £3 off ebay.

Before:
28d8b338.jpg

After:
94a600a6.jpg

Changed my side light bulbs to led ones and i orderd number plate bulbs and realised they wernt like all the other cars ive had and are the same bulbs as sidelight ones so ill order some new ones.
1620dd3a.jpg

Also heres the door bullet pic that was asked for. Cars a bit dirty though so i do apologise.
6f1fb719.jpg

Got the clio197 ones on the side windows :smile:
Ive been meaning to take it off but keep forgettin so ill do it when i fit my spoiler. Previous owner put it on not me

How do you get the bullets to look like that? In what order do you paint them and how?

Thinking about doing the same thing only with white letters.

Tnx.

They were done when i bought the car but they have just been sprayed red, then masked and cut around the letters so only the letters show through the masking tape and then sprayed black. They would be a bit tricky to to but with a steady hand and sharp craft knife you could cut the masking tape around the letters fine

Cheers for the pic of the bullets mate :smiley: the look quality as said before if you plan on gettin rid mate give us a heads up I'll have em off you. Cars lookin good mate will be good see spoiler

They were done when i bought the car but they have just been sprayed red, then masked and cut around the letters so only the letters show through the masking tape and then sprayed black. They would be a bit tricky to to but with a steady hand and sharp craft knife you could cut the masking tape around the letters fine

Damn it...I thought so but I've hoped there's an easy way. I did some parts on the Raptor the same way and it took a lot of time.

TNX for the tip anyway!

Unfortunately not ... Unless maybe cut out the letters in black vinyl, lay them on and then laquer over them ? Surely theres a sticker out there somewhere thats the exact size of the letters to fit over the top rather than cutting your own vinyl but i think either or these would be an easier option

You could spray the bullets black, plenty of coats, then red.

Wet flat the letter edges until the black shows through then laquer.

Well bit gutted ... Went to fit spoiler and im not happy with the colour match. Phoned the guy that does my spraying and hes going to redo it no worries. He said himself he had a feeling it may have been off a bit so told me to check it in the light before i fitted it.

Ahh well id rather wait a bit longer than put it on and its wrong colour

Have you trial fitted the spoiler?

Nows the time to do it, i did mine before painting so as not to scratch anything when fitting then it's just a case of bolting up.

Picking my spoiler up friday so hopefully if the weather holds off ill get it fitted this week !

Well after just taxing it for a year and my wallet taking a knock of £245 the Clio needs some money put into it within the next few up coming weeks and months....

M.o.t in may and im going to need 2 new tyres by then
Ordering new front disks next week as mine are warped (still havent got around to doing them)
*quick question here* Pads dont look too bad but i might do them anyway.. Ive seen everyone buys new pins as they are prone to getting stuck. Is this a necessity ?
Need to get drivers side recaro fixed/retrimmed as its really bugging me now.
I think its got a blowing exhaust from the flexi as im 99% its got a blow but after having a quick look cant find it from the cat back and it sounds like its coming from the front of the car.
Track rod ends have a bit of play in them i think so need to look at that.

And last but not least ... The belts are due end of summer which happens to be same month as my insurance is up :worried: :worried:

This has definately put a few mods on hold but hopefully ill be able to get some bits done in between

Yeah i hope so ! :worried:

Ive taken a pay drop this year as i finally got an apprenticeship in electrical engineering so the £400 a month difference is absolutely killing me atm :worried: determined to keep hold of the clio though as its by far the best car ive owned

if your still wanting some speeidlines in the next few months mine will be for sale, and good job on the car i wish my stubby aerial gave a decent signal.......