Ultimate Red 197

Had my 197 for a few weeks now so l thought it was time i put a project thread up..

Spec list as it stands:

42k miles
FDSH
Xenon's
Auto lights
Auto whipers
Air con
Keyless entry
Cruise control
Electric mirrors but im not sure of their power fold i havent realy checked tbh.
Recaros
Remapped
Panel filter
Wind deflectors

Soon as i got it home started modding. I hated the standard silver interior trim so i wrapped the dash strips and sprayed the centre console gloss black. Much better !
549ff9dc.jpg
2d1bd16c.jpg
832c0cd0.jpg

Then gave it a quick clean , still with the previous owners plates on.
def7ac92.jpg
f94d729c.jpg
a2085be5.jpg
550b11e3.jpg

Next was to tidy up the rear. Removed the dealer stickers, clio badge and the exhaust tips:
Before:
68a0c0f1.jpg

After:
a668c600.jpg

Today i set about cleaning my seat belts as they were minging ! Used warm bucket of water, washin up powder and a nail brush. Good bit of elbow grease and they literally look brand new !
Before:
30125f84.jpg
After:
20854d7f.jpg

Log book came back 2 weeks ago too so put my pivate plate on. Stands for my name nathan evans:
2bc0fcd2.jpg

My favourite update !

Seen a cup spoiler on ebay and thought it put a cheeky bid in, ended up winnin it :smile: so went and picked it up earlier and im getting it sprayed in the week. Only problem its not got the fitting screws anyone know where i can get them from ?

cdbf2865.jpg
678ed92c.jpg
7a92d857.jpg

Last edited:
very tidy mate, i see it's already had a few changes done by the previous owner...

Yeah its got a few mods from what i can see:
Been mapped
Colour coded although i want to put original door bullets back on
Its been lowerd on apex Springs but he gave me a brand new set of eibachs, none of them really go low enough for me so in going to get some h&r springs soon.
Wheels have been done but i want to put them anthracite as i feel black wheels lose all definition.
The renault sport on the steering wheel.
Think thats all of them unless you can spot more ?
Looks great that!

Thanks dude :smile:

Plans :

H&R Springs
Exhaust
Retrim or fix my seat as drivers side has a tear in it from previouse owner :worried:
Wheels sprayed anthracite
Carbon renault diamonds
Fit my cup spoiler
Aero front splitter
New front disks as mine are warped
Get grill inserts and rear diffuser sprayed gloss black
In time i want to get some speedlines but they wont be for a while yet as money's a bit tight atm. Tax is up this week and £140 for new disks :worried:

Plans sound good dude!!

I've got a set of anthracite raiders to go on mine. Debating wether to sell my speedlines or not.

We well have to have a little meet up one sunday

Plans sound good dude!!

I've got a set of anthracite raiders to go on mine. Debating wether to sell my speedlines or not.

We well have to have a little meet up one sunday

I think they'd look much better if i sprayed mine anthracite. I love anthracite on black it looks awsome. If i can get a spare set of wheels to put on ill get them done soon i just need the car for work.

Yeah definately dude im up for that :smile:

you outbidded me for that spoiler lol, didnt want to pay more than my max bid due to the fixings not being there but I saw you got lucky and a member on here has some spare lol

Haha i would of gone up to £140. Costing me £50 to get sprayed and ill fit it myself. Wasnt too botherd if i hadn't got the fitting screws as i would of found some to fit somewhere and im going to bond it aswell.
Ill be a bit nervous drilling into the car though lol

Looks well mate. Dash looks smart n those seat belts come up mega going have a go of this myself. You selling them bullets then?is the Renault sport lettering black on them mate?

Looks well mate. Dash looks smart n those seat belts come up mega going have a go of this myself. You selling them bullets then?is the Renault sport lettering black on them mate?

Seatbelts took me about 45 mins as i scrubbed and scrubbed but definately worth it as they are like new. Even the misses noticed I had cleaned them without me even telling her so thats an accomplishment in itself haha.

Not sure about the bullets yet dude. Im going to buy a new set so they'll be hanging around doing nothing so i suppose ill probably sell them yes. But Im abit skint atm so not sure when ill be purchasing the new bullets. Yeah they have black lettering on them . They were done by the previouse owner, he masked the red off and then sprayed the letters black

thats when you know you done a good job pal when you get unprovoked praise haha nice one.

well if you could bear us in mind mate when you sell them id be more than interested. also i dont suppose you could get a close up shot of them and put them on here so i could have a look could you? sorry if thats a random question just cant quite make them out on your pics