Tree's Black 200 *new tyres and white bits*

Hi guys, been doing a couple of things with the 200 since I got it so thout I would start a progress thread. I'm not going to go too mental (yet) so will see how it goes.

First of all I wanted I a bit more noise so decided to chop out the centre silencer, lovely noise, pretty cheap and the flat spot is easy to get used to.

The throttle response felt a little sluggish an kept coming across the sprintbooster which seemed to get good reviews for this problem, had a chat with chris197 as I was a bit late for the group buy but Chris helped me out. Great product! Always on green but switch to red when I fancy a bit more response. Feels like its broken when its switched off!

Had a look at the air filter and its was gross, so kept an eye out and an ITG came up in the for sale thread so thought I may aswell, seems to breath a little better.

Next I look for a 64mm throttle body, found one on eBay an was the only one to bid so a good price.
Was prepared for the whole high revs situation but as son as I turned it on the revs settle at a steady 800rpm so happy with that. For some reason my mpg has increased so can't complain. Complements the ITG going by the bum dyno.

MG]9285685128_f7ccd4d797.jpg 64mm throttle body by Etree200, on Flickr

Been wanting to change the looks a bit and go for something different. Couldn't sleep one night so had a little look on here on came across some white cup racer speedlines from CL10. Got them on and think they look great.

Before
8606002879_7c561ccfb0_n.jpg
Cleaned by Etree200, on Flickr

After
9222153218_0e40aa652a_n.jpg
New wheels by Etree200, on Flickr

Number plates were looking a bit tatty so thought I would go for some pressed plates which look much fresher!

9283135777_b373e81111_n.jpg
Untitled by Etree200, on Flickr

Have ordered some white plasti dip which should get here tomorrow so will get a bit more contrasting going on...

watch this space!

C+C welcome

Last edited:
Wheels look fantastic, debating having my Raiders refurbed in Brilliant white. Pressed plates look awesome, may have to grab myself some at £24! That's almost the same price as standards.

Little update, got some white plastidip to get some more bits to match the wheels. 2 cans for the diffuser, could of done with a third but turned out ok I think.

9338454128_67d74c5a3a_n.jpg
Plasti dip by Etree200, on Flickr

As you can see its not as white as it could be but not too bad.

9338446684_3925316904_n.jpg
Plasti dip by Etree200, on Flickr

Once it's fitted it looks pretty good.

Let me know what you think

Last edited:
going by the bum dyno.

That's gotta be the quote of the year....

Good write up and some tasty mods, love the white alloys on black. Not sure about the diffuser, maybe it needs a few more coats to bring the white out, looks dirty in the pictures.

Having said that I'm a lover of marmite so that's awesome you are trying something different.

Cheers guys!

It does need a couple more layers to make it a bit whiter tbh so that will be done, along with some other bits too.

Last edited:
Got some AMDetail synthetic paint sealer from FCS last weekend as I want something to help protect the paint a bit more.
day off yesterday so gave a the car a good wash.

some beading shots from this morning.

9425265734_08faa2b9a1_c.jpg
Beading by Etree200, on Flickr

9425265804_67409dd91f_c.jpg
Beading by Etree200, on Flickr

Looking at getting some wax an the Dodo juice blue velvety is looking to come next for a bit more protection. Advice welcome though.

Love the beading, I need a tow strap on mine. I've just bought a 30ml trial pot of Rainforest rub, apparently with PBBH it comes out a treat.

I have blue velvet, im not convinced by it now, it smells amazing, but it's really difficult to buff off, it leaves the car a bit smeared I end up using one cloth to take off the the top layer then another to buff it all out. For what it costs its not good, so id look at other waxes.

Hmm I saw it was a hard wax compared to purple haze which is soft. What did you use before Mitchell? Might just get some trial pots an see what goes best.

Hmm I saw it was a hard wax compared to purple haze which is soft. What did you use before Mitchell? Might just get some trial pots an see what goes best.
Correction sorry, I have purple haze soft wax. Just checked online. I don't know what the pro wax is like, possibly harder to use.

Ah, I had a chat with the dodo juice guy last weekend. He was saying with the soft wax you can apply with your fingers and the hard you use a foam applicator. Will have a look on DW an see.