Tractor Boy

No disappointment at all mate. I'm happy it looked so OEM that no one noticed. As for the noise, we were at the back on our own for leg one as we had a nightmare getting started. And for leg two we were at the front and there were many noisier cars behind us!

Will definitely shout when we hit RS Tuning. Hoping to do my Edale etc route as a test after the visit! Need to get @Pav out in the Witch too!

It's the smiles in the cockpit that matter the most, and I'm sure there were plenty from you and your good lady!

Sounds good Mes, would be great for an Edale run out, not somewhere I've been before.

Reactions: ///M
It's the smiles in the cockpit that matter the most, and I'm sure there were plenty from you and your good lady!

Sounds good Mes, would be great for an Edale run out, not somewhere I've been before.

Emailed you the route so you can have a look.

Emailed you the route so you can have a look.

Thanks bud, just had a look. I'd be very keen to join you on that run - Holmfirth is less than an hour from me, depending on where you would be starting from.

AKRA !!!! ???? Mes......you are a Dark Horse....... :smile:

What a list of improvements. You kept telling others not to do changes by halves. And you most certainly didnt.

Change in driving must be IMMENSE !

oi oi oi you went over the top didn't you mate??? haha

Great write up Mes, wasn't expecting anything less from you. Great story here.

What happened to the driveshaft then?

No disappointment at all mate. I'm happy it looked so OEM that no one noticed. As for the noise, we were at the back on our own for leg one as we had a nightmare getting started. And for leg two we were at the front and there were many noisier cars behind us!

Will definitely shout when we hit RS Tuning. Hoping to do my Edale etc route as a test after the visit! Need to get @Pav out in the Witch too!
Hope not too long now Mes...

Cant go wrong with the akrapovic. Always wanted one on my clio, the one on the megane makes such a unique noise.

AKRA !!!! ???? Mes......you are a Dark Horse....... :smile:

What a list of improvements. You kept telling others not to do changes by halves. And you most certainly didnt.

Change in driving must be IMMENSE !

Ha, we went a bit mad huh?

When I keep banging on about doing stuff together, this is a bit beyond that, it just all came together at once nicely. But yeah, it's a completely different animal. Chuffed to bits mate, really.

oi oi oi you went over the top didn't you mate??? haha

Great write up Mes, wasn't expecting anything less from you. Great story here.

What happened to the driveshaft then?

Partly your fault fella. It was Sim seeing your wheels that finally got the ball moving! :smile: Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed the write up Yianni and thanks for all your excellent advice along the way. You've been a considerable and appreciated helping hand in all of this.

Drive shaft... was kinda like me, just a bit old and fkd. :smiley:

Reactions: Yiannis197
very jealous Mes..the car must sound awesome...any vids to prove me wrong??:tongueout:

As soon as we get a chance, we'll get a vid mate. It's fun on a flyby, all induction coming towards you and all Akra once passed. :smiley:

Reactions: Micah
Awesome updates! Spent a little while tonight reading back over the past 3/4 pages for a good catch up. Really like your style with the upgrades!

Reactions: Pav
Awesome updates! Spent a little while tonight reading back over the past 3/4 pages for a good catch up. Really like your style with the upgrades!

Very kind words Tom, thanks a lot mate. Spent a lot of time researching and asking questions to get it right. VERY happy with how everything has worked out.

Reactions: tombate911
Looks great on the new wheels and suspension mate! I was sceptical of the bronze wheels but they really do suit it nicely.

Reactions: Pav
Looks great on the new wheels and suspension mate! I was sceptical of the bronze wheels but they really do suit it nicely.

Thanks Sean mate. Must admit it was a bit of a jump into the unknown with the wheels but when I did the Photoshop mock up we thought it looked good enough to go for it. REALLY pleased we did.

As much as we love the looks, it's the enhancement to the driving experience that's the best bit. Such a huge difference.

Great choice of mods! Love the wheels the most.

Any more pictures?

Thanks Christopher, appreciated.

More pics and videos to come when we can. Just far to busy to even think straight at the moment.

Away to Belgium for the weekend so we might get a chance then :smile:

Reactions: Christopher