Tractor Boy

Looks great mate! Would definitely recommend rs tuning for a remap.
I'll have a proper read of this when I get home.

Reactions: ///M
Booooooooooo! Not even the little sporty spoiler? That's a lot more subtle for sure! You need to upload a fly by with the provic screaming :wink:

Tried that too mate. Yesterday at the meet she had a good opportunity to see both the cup wing and the sprint spoiler in the flesh. No go.

Personally, I'd have the sprint myself, I like how it's subtle and has a bit of a 182 style about it too.

You never know, maybe one day, I do agree it needs something.

When we get a chance, we'll get a few videos up of the new noises. It does sound pretty good!

Car looks absolutely brilliant mate! Really good job, well done

Always said I want to keep my R27 as standard as possible but having seen the pictures of yours I think I might have to get my hand in my pocket and spend some money.

Why is it that I don't really believe you:poke:

Well, the car needs mapping too so that's a definite.

Then it's saving up for something big next. Probably.

There are lots of little things that we'd like to do too like new indicators, new plates, b-pillar wrap, one of the sill plates has a dent in it, saggy glovebox, bumper popping out etc. but we want to get the big bits out of the way first and then get all the little bits done to polish it off.

Reactions: Pav
Tried that too mate. Yesterday at the meet she had a good opportunity to see both the cup wing and the sprint spoiler in the flesh. No go.

Personally, I'd have the sprint myself, I like how it's subtle and has a bit of a 182 style about it too.

You never know, maybe one day, I do agree it needs something.

When we get a chance, we'll get a few videos up of the new noises. It does sound pretty good!

I think persistence is key here, adopt the female attitude, nag and eventually you'll get. Its worked for every woman I know :wink: haha! I see what you're saying, sprint spoiler is definitely 182-esque. Looks just as well as the full fat imo.

I'll look out for the video :wink:

Car looks absolutely brilliant mate! Really good job, well done

Always said I want to keep my R27 as standard as possible but having seen the pictures of yours I think I might have to get my hand in my pocket and spend some money.

Thanks a lot Matt. I must admit, there was some careful discussion about if it was the right thing to do to mod such a rare special edition. Some might look on it as being criminal. But at the end of the day, we're not trying to take it too far from what Renault built, just enhance it. I think we've managed it.

For all the photos look decent, it's the driving experience that is the biggest change. It really feels like a little animal now!

I think persistence is key here, adopt the female attitude, nag and eventually you'll get. Its worked for every woman I know :wink: haha! I see what you're saying, sprint spoiler is definitely 182-esque. Looks just as well as the full fat imo.

I'll look out for the video :wink:

:smiley: had a little giggle at that mate! I just don't get how she can look at the back of the car, especially when surrounded with cars with wings/spoilers on and not think that it needs something!

All I can do is keep trying.

Bonus is she loved the side skirts she saw yesterday so they're on the list too.

Thanks a lot Matt. I must admit, there was some careful discussion about if it was the right thing to do to mod such a rare special edition. Some might look on it as being criminal. But at the end of the day, we're not trying to take it too far from what Renault built, just enhance it. I think we've managed it.

For all the photos look decent, it's the driving experience that is the biggest change. It really feels like a little animal now!

I think that's what I like about it so much, you've achieved exactly that - you haven't gone far from what Renault built, but at the same time I can only imagine how much better the car will be to drive now.

Reactions: kevlar
I think that's what I like about it so much, you've achieved exactly that - you haven't gone far from what Renault built, but at the same time I can only imagine how much better the car will be to drive now.

Thanks Matt, really appreciate the kind words.

:smiley: had a little giggle at that mate! I just don't get how she can look at the back of the car, especially when surrounded with cars with wings/spoilers on and not think that it needs something!

All I can do is keep trying.

Bonus is she loved the side skirts she saw yesterday so they're on the list too.

I like it! If at first you don't succeed, try and try again :wink: haha goodluck! Yeah I love the skirts but for £325, you have to have a lot of money, or you're insane... or both. :wink:

I like it! If at first you don't succeed, try and try again :wink: haha goodluck! Yeah I love the skirts but for £325, you have to have a lot of money, or you're insane... or both. :wink:

If / when we do it, it will end up being a bit more than that too! Not sure about the carbon look plastic on them so would need to have them re-finished.

:smiley:

We'll see what Mrs M thinks when she realises the cost!

Reactions: MarkTeamF1
The update was definitely worth the wait Mes, really enjoyed reading that! And I'm so chuffed for you that you're so happy with everything! Excellent choice on the Akra, proper surprised that no one realised yesterday :smile: One of the biggest changes and no bugger noticed :laughing:

The stance looks superb in that photo Mes - OEM+ done brilliantly!

Looks great mate! Would definitely recommend rs tuning for a remap.
I'll have a proper read of this when I get home.

Wouldn't take it anywhere else mate. Have already spoken to Paul and was hoping to get it mapped before the forum run but he was away on holiday the only day we could do it.

Will get it sorted soon.

The update was definitely worth the wait Mes, really enjoyed reading that! And I'm so chuffed for you that you're so happy with everything! Excellent choice on the Akra, proper surprised that no one realised yesterday :smile: One of the biggest changes and no bugger noticed :laughing:

The stance looks superb in that photo Mes - OEM+ done brilliantly!

Thanks Jimmy, appreciate the comments mate.

As for no one noticing, that's kind of what I was hoping for. It means the OEM look has been achieved perfectly! :smiley:

And yep, OEM+ is exactly what we were aiming for. Which is why it will always have a full set of silver badges and stuff. Renault nailed it with this car in my opinion, a few improvements are all it needs.

Really happy mate!

We'll be up north for a forum run soon!

Reactions: Jimmy
Akrapovic!!

Sneaky b*****d:grinning:

To be fair I didn't get anywhere near you to hear it otherwise I'd of noticed for sure:wink:

Big balls to have them fabricate OEM look slash cut pipes. Love it!

Great example of someone who has a clear picture of what he/she wants.

Reactions: Jimmy and Johnny 99
Akrapovic!!

Sneaky b*****d:grinning:

To be fair I didn't get anywhere near you to hear it otherwise I'd of noticed for sure:wink:

Big balls to have them fabricate OEM look slash cut pipes. Love it!

Great example of someone who has a clear picture of what he/she wants.

Ha haa! I've been fit to burst these last couple of weeks but really wanted to see if anyone noticed yesterday!

And yeah, it was quite the decision to start chopping up such a pricey exhaust. Still an element of worry remaining about any warranty being null :smiley:

And thanks for the last bit mate, it's taken a LOT of research and careful consideration. Mostly thanks to this awesome place and @Yiannis197 being the voice of reason!

Thanks Jimmy, appreciate the comments mate.

As for no one noticing, that's kind of what I was hoping for. It means the OEM look has been achieved perfectly! :smiley:

And yep, OEM+ is exactly what we were aiming for. Which is why it will always have a full set of silver badges and stuff. Renault nailed it with this car in my opinion, a few improvements are all it needs.

Really happy mate!

We'll be up north for a forum run soon!

Ah well that's fair enough, if the stealth appearance was what you were aiming for :smiley: perhaps a little bit of disappointment that someone didn't notice that it didn't sound OEM?? :wink:

Totally agree with you on the fact that Renault did a very good job styling-wise on the R27 - one of the main reasons I like to keep mine as standard as possible too.

Yeah I'm hoping to get a Dales run sorted very soon, so keep an eye out. And if you do make the trip up to Leeds for RS Tuning in the meantime, let me know and we can meet up.

Ah well that's fair enough, if the stealth appearance was what you were aiming for :smiley: perhaps a little bit of disappointment that someone didn't notice that it didn't sound OEM?? :wink:

Totally agree with you on the fact that Renault did a very good job styling-wise on the R27 - one of the main reasons I like to keep mine as standard as possible too.

Yeah I'm hoping to get a Dales run sorted very soon, so keep an eye out. And if you do make the trip up to Leeds for RS Tuning in the meantime, let me know and we can meet up.

No disappointment at all mate. I'm happy it looked so OEM that no one noticed. As for the noise, we were at the back on our own for leg one as we had a nightmare getting started. And for leg two we were at the front and there were many noisier cars behind us!

Will definitely shout when we hit RS Tuning. Hoping to do my Edale etc route as a test after the visit! Need to get @Pav out in the Witch too!