Track day rubber

Toyo set the price of thier tyres, so people all sell at the same price.

And if you can find A048R's at the same price as 888's, let me know, as they are generally £30ish a corner more expensive.

which when your buying 4, soon add's up.

Dont get me wrong, I prefer A048R's to 888's, but due to not having a money tree, I usually go 888's.

And Michelin Cups will be EVEN more expensive.

But hey..... internet warriors pays thier monies, and takes thier choices!!!

Yokohama 048's are around £90 per corner and are a good semi slick tyre. You can get them in different compounds. Medium or Hard. Depending on what compound u go for and how many track miles u do on them will determine how long they last mate.

No slicks on track days without a cage???

I only know of such stringent rules on half days and taster sessions no1 ever said anything to me but I used to take a set of wets aswell :smile:

Yokohama 048's are around £90 per corner and are a good semi slick tyre. You can get them in different compounds. Medium or Hard. Depending on what compound u go for and how many track miles u do on them will determine how long they last mate.

£90 a corner, for a 215/45/17?

please tell me where!!!

And if you can find A048R's at the same price as 888's, let me know, as they are generally £30ish a corner more expensive.

It used to be that they were nearly 50% more money than the 888, £30 per corner on top of a tyre that's 150 quid plus fitting anyway ain't all that bad tbh.

I'm still glad I didn't go for 888s or A048s and went for Yoko AD08s, the car still corners far better than everything else with a tin top and they have taken a caning yet still have masses of tread.

They might not have the out and out grip of the prior tyres but can't be far off, next tyres for me are likely to be the silverstone type RR because it's nice to not follow the crowd :wink:

I fitted and tracked some Toyo r1r's at Snetterton today.
Very very impressed...gave them loads of abuse yet they have suffered hardly any wear. Great grip n feedback.
Guess its Toyos take on the ad08's.